Not Again

Ashton

I awoke with a start, and looked to my right. Who the hell is this? I groan as I sit up, and my head starts to pound. Other tell tale signs of a slight hangover start to let me know that Vodka was no longer my drink. As I sat there I came to a startling discovery. I can not remember anything.

This was not the first time I awoke with a stranger in my bed. That started in high school. But after the last 4 months I've had I swore this would not happen again. Random girls were off the menu due to complications. Disappointed in myself I internally groan. I slowly slide out of bed only to hit the ground. I jump up hoping I did not wake the sleeping figure next to me, but my head reminds me that my actions were to fast for the condition I'm in. I close my eyes, and hold my head trying desperately to remember what happened.

As the pain slowly subsides, I start to remember some details. For the last month I had been planning the release party for Vent's Premium Vodka. We had been competing with Ward for 5 months before we finally landed it. Not to mention my personal life had spiraled into a living breathing episode of The L Word. So it was redundant to say that I was getting about 3 hours of sleep a night. I remember pounding shots of 80 proof vodka trying to release the stress of everything. And this girl. This amazingly beautiful girl.

Just then the figure stirred. She changed positions, moaned softly, and was still again. Shortly after I heard light breathy snores. I exhaled a breath I didn't know I was holding.

I slowly made my way to the bathroom so that I could get some Aleve. After swallowing the medicine, I examined myself in the mirror. My trademark Brighton hazel eyes were slightly puffy, but my caramel skin was still smooth. As I ran my hands through my freshly cut hair I noticed a couple of gray hairs. My toned 6' 1" frame covered in a black sports bra, and boxer briefs making me remember that I have been neglecting my workouts. Even though I looked tired, I was still strikingly attractive.

I returned to the bedroom letting the medicine work its way through my body. All the while confusion, and disappointment muddling my thoughts. I focused on the peacefully sleeping woman in my bed trying to will my memory back. I finally gathered the nerve to slowly pull back the covers. There laid an almost angelic white girl.

She had smooth tan skin, long shapely legs, toned abs, soft pouty lips, and gorgeous blue eyes. At that moment I realized she was staring at me. We sat there a moment. Caught in each others gaze.

"Hi." I said with a soft smile.

"Hi." She said rubbing her eyes, and sounding half asleep.

"Did we?"

She laughed. "No. Not that you didn't try."

I cringed. I was known to be a bit aggressive when I was drunk. Some girls like it, but I have been known to receive a slap to the face on occasion. She chuckled lightly.

"It's okay. You got a little handsy, but overall you were sweet. We mostly just talked." She said with a yawn.

I breathed another sigh of relief. "It's good to know I still have some dignity." I said with a smile. She smiled back, got out of bed, and began gathering her clothes. Somehow I did not want her to go. Chalk it up to loneliness, or the fact that I did not want the Goddess to leave without me taking another shot.

"So would you like a shower, breakfast, or a ride?" I asked watching her gracefully move around my bedroom.

"No." She said not giving me even a glance.

"You sure?" I said moving closer to her, and leaning against the wall. " I usually like to make my famous omelette for women who graciously refuse my advances. It usually seals the deal." I said giving my most charming smile hoping my dimples would change her mind. She turned to me finally meeting my gaze. She caressed my cheek with her small, soft hands.