CHAPTER 8

King Aegon wanted to go on a suicide mission to avenge Gaemon but didn't because his council convinces him not to,Vaella received several letters with a sense of urgency from her mother,still filled with grief she threw each on into the fire.

The letters had been a sigh to prepare for a battle,The death of Prince Gaemon started the official war between The Blacks and The Greens.

Ser Criston Cole would lead the vanguard,while Aegon and Aemond would take to the skies with their dragon's Vhagar and Sunfyre.

As the impending battle loomed closer,Meleys the Red Queen couldn't sense the danger through the high elevation,however Vhagars deafening roar could give her location away. Rhaenys knew Vhagar was the largest dragon's alive at the time,but she prepared herself for what could potentially be a bloody fight.
She knew Meleys was no match for Vhagar and sunfyre and vhagar together would be a fatal end for her and Meleys.

"How many men does ser cristion have?" Rhaenys inquired.

"Over 100 knights and 500 men-at-arms
Along with 1,800 hardened sellswords. This number is significantly less than what caltrops had shen they swept through Rosby,Stokeworth, and the duskendale. We suspect that by bringing Vhagar into the equation,the battle will cause substantial damage on our side. Princess,we need additional dragon's if there's any hope of defeating her".

"No..we can't Rhaenyra can't mount on dragonback,Daemon is at Harrenhal,Jacaerys remains at winterfell,And dreamfyre lays with the greens...,Baelas life is not worth this,
battle,I'll Hold them off as long as I can" rhaenys muttered.

The knight obeyed,Melyes hissed as rhaenys prepared for battle,she mounted on her dragon and seated herself on the saddle. Before taking flight,Nevertheless,if death were her outcome,she was determined to take as many adversaries with her as possible.

"Sōvēs,Meles!"Rhaenys commanded in high Valyrian. With a resounding burst of energy from her mighty wings,Meleys swiftly ascended into the open skies above, she was the fastest dragon in all of the seven kingdoms, The Red Queen fearlessly soared towards the impending battlefield and unleashed Dragonfire to the unlucky warriors below.

"Daemon has the riverlands.We have to face him,dragon against dragon", Ser Emory Hill beseeched.

"No," Criston declined."not at this time. We must first diminish the enemy's number of Dragons before we can consider reclaiming Harrenhal".

Rhaenys was reported near by, Cristion and Aemond discussed protocols on the matter,Aegon gave Sunfyre a pat on his neck, he knew this fight would risk Sunfyres life and his own but he was determined,to fight for his crown.

Aemond gazed at his brother with a disapproving expression."it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone", he remarked with a hint of approval "he may be a drunken fool,but he loves his dragon dearly"

As Criston watched Aemond take flight atop Vhagar, Meleys roars could be heard in the distance, Criston prepared for battle and Aegon followed pursuit behind his younger Brother.

Rhaenys made glimce of King Aegon and darted after him, Meleys and sunfyre eyes met before they began to tear eachother apart,Sunfyre hissed in pain,meleys sank her jaws into the younger dragon's,golden scales.

Sunfyre fought back,his nails stabbed the dragons wings,Meleys swiftly let go of the dragon before,ripping at his wing, Sunfyre pained shrieks echoed through the skies,Aegon wipped his focus towards Sunfyre,rhaenys chuckled before, Meleys torn at the younger dragon's neck,Sunfyres jaws met with meleys neck,aswell and clapped down.

However,Meleys was much stronger,older and larger than the younger Sunfyre, Aegon knew neither would make it through the battle, either him or rhaenys would be Victorious.

Suddenly Prince Aemond,Atop Vhagar slammed into Meleys,Vhagar's weight caused meleys to roar in agony as she and rhaenys were being crushed.

Vhagar bathed ,The Red Queen and The Queen Who Never Was, in flames aegon still caught in the battle jumped,from Sunfyre into the ground below.

Meleys slammed into the ground,alongside Sunfyre, King Aegon had managed to survive but Sunfyre layer atop his body crushing the kings legs,Aemond had survived aswell,however was left with minor burns,He rushed to help his brother as Criston Cole and his army approached.

Aegon had suffered severe burns and was now cripple,however Sunfyre was rendered flightless from the battle with Meleys, Aemond, Ser Criston and the remaining greens took Rook's Rest and killed Lord Staunton and his garrison of one hundred soldiers.

A body was found next to meleys,The corpse was badly burnt,but Was confirmed to be that of Princess Rhaenys.

The lost of Rhaenyra's Targaryen and meleys,was massive blow to the blacks,Lord corlys heart ached with grief for his beloved wife,he blamed the death of Rhaenys on Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen.

Ser cristion lost Eight hundred soldiers to Meleys dragondfire in the tragic event, Prince Aemond was now named Prince regent In his brothers sted while,Aegon recoved.

Queen Vaella was confused about her emotions on hearing The that Princess Targaryen had been killed in battle, she knew her mother was enraged but she didn't care anymore, blood and cheese was her last straw she had sworen all loyalty to the greens.

After Aemond the kinslayer and Criston cole took back Rooks rest,The head of Meleys was brought back to kingslanding, inspiring fear amongst the small folk,causing thousands to flee the capital until the gates were barred by Dowager Queen Alicent.

King Aegon was brought back to Kingslanding. Where Maester's attended to his wounds he was severally wounded,sleeping nine hours out of every 10 under the influence of milf of the poppy Queen Vaella stayed by his side.