𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐆𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐒 ..

run, and when you come back,
burn this place to the ground.

❝ Ghosts of Fire and Glass ❞
written by izabela / llxcifers

          HALLOWED GAZES SET ABLAZE AN EMPIRE — in a fragile system, the knowledge of the individual with nothing to lose is a weapon of mass destruction of the worst kind

President Coriolanus Snow was stained to his very core, despite his best pseudo-attempts of maintaining himself pristine, and there was no one in the entire Panem quite as aware of the dirt hidden in his heart than his own youngest daughter. Edith Snow was true royalty in the eyes of the Capitol, a gentle and pale lady whose youth refreshed the beholderd like a breath of clean air in the lungs of a miner. Only within the walls of the presidential palace did the façades showed their curtain call: the first lady was not her mother and her life in the heart of Panem, by the side of her biological father without the burden of being called to her face a "bastard" was considered a mercy, a gift.

Because what was the alternative? Being abandoned in the dirt of her mother's district along with the little sister Coriolanus did not accept? — She was lucky. People would kill to be her, to lavish in luxury and power. People would do atrocious things to be in her brand new shoes, behind a blanket of makeup and foils of fine materials, because no one saw the tears on her porcelain skin, the warm blood filling her mouth after biting her tongue.

One year ago, during the first hour of the 65th Hunger Games, Edith Snow disappeared.

Today, on the District 4 reaping for the 66th Hunger Games, President Snow recognizes the chosen female tribute despite her pale golden hair having been exchanged for fiery auburn. There is not a single doubt in his old heart nearing an uncomfortable tension: his daughter is on that stage.

          IN WHICH

          IN WHICH . . .    The first tribute Finnick mentors is the most suspicious and surprising lady he's ever met, someone with a secret he aches to know. It was that exact curiosity which pulled him in the twists and turns of "Lucy Bellwood" and her plans of revenge against the whole world.