Astarion Finds True Love's Caress

You and your companions just finished going through the House of Healing. Everyone was still feeling a bit shaken after that experience. Luckily, no one was hurt since you were able to convince the doctor to take care of himself, but the whole scene has left everyone feeling off. Shadowheart and Wyll were able to shake off the feeling better than you, though. Wyll has been to the Hells and back, such horrors didn't affect him quite as badly anymore. Shadowheart is always a little glazed over, it slid off her back, or at least she has suppressed it for the time being. You, on the other hand, haven't been yourself since coming into the Cursed Shadow Lands. You've never been one for horror or gore, not to mention your fear of the dark. That fear had always been a little irrational, but being here has realized all your nightmares into reality. 

Before the Shadowlands, you actually enjoyed exploring and adventuring with the gang. Seeing Emerald Grove, sneaking through the Goblin Camp, even the Underdark was beautiful despite your fear of the dark. You kept upbeat, cheerful, and hopeful during those times. You almost always had a smile on your face and some silver lining to share. Astarion was the first to rain on your parade with his sarcasm and way to point out the negative, but it made you laugh. His witty banter and sarcasm were clever enough and at the best moments where tension needed to be cut anyway. It was a surprise to Astarion when you had finally stepped foot in the Shadowlands. When he looked over to you and saw you not only frowning, but with the most fearful expression on your face, his heart sank. He teased you about running through the lands with your eyes tightly shut and also lectured you about how you'll surely die doing that. You solved this by grabbing onto whoever was closest so you didn't get lost. When fighting needed to happen, you put on a brave face, but your hands were still shaking uncontrollably and the truth is your skills were definitely affected. No one mentioned it though, except Lae'zel, but you learned quickly how to ignore her. 

Your less than satisfactory fighting wasn't Astarion's main concern, though. What bothered him is how terrified you looked all day and how badly you struggled to sleep the past few nights. Now you were all back at camp, somewhat safe. Shadowheart and Wyll were showing the rest all the loot that was gathered today- splitting some food, counting gold, and figuring out which gear would be better suited for who. You were still shaking, not able to get the House of Healing out of your head. You went to grab some water, then walked over to Astarion's tent since he had all the comfy pillows right outside to relax on. You wanted some time to gather yourself before talking to everyone, but still wanted a view of all that was happening. Astarion was sat by the fire with everyone else going through the loot, but kept looking over towards you. He wasn't sure if he could come to speak with you or if you needed that time alone. He loved to read, and one his favorites during the adventures was taking journals. He loved to read all the gossip and judge people's most secret thoughts. He found one in the House of Healing next to one of the bodies that was looted. He began to read it as he tried to think of an excuse to come talk to you. He could easily walk over, it was his tent you were in after all, but at that moment, he didn't even think of that. What is his, at this point was also yours. After he was so vulnerable with you a couple night prior, and the way you reassured him and hugged him, he just wanted to give you everything he could. It was like nothing belonged to him anymore. It was all for you. Even he was for you. 

Reading through the journal he picked up, he realized it had something to do with the rings that belonged to these lovers. He had one in his pocket that he saw in a grave, and the matching ring was in the pile of loot found in the House of Healing. He pulled the ring from his pocket and picked up the other. "Say, Gale, you know a thing or two about magic..." Gale's face twisted and replied, "I'd say I know more than just a thing or two, Astarion. You should count yourself lucky to have such a well-versed-." Astarion waved his hand, "Yes, yes, we all know. How lucky of us to pull such a powerful wizard out his own portal." Astarion rolled his eyes. Astarion handed both rings to Gale and asked, "Are these rings enchanted? I've been reading this journal and I believe one ring helps bring protection to the wearer..." Astarion quickly flips through the pages of the journal as Gale examines the rings for him.