1

At The Glass House Primary School, it was the last day of grade six. Thirteen year old, MacKenzie, was so excited for break. He was excited to hang out with his friends, sleep in, and fulfill the promise he made to himself. He was finally going to confess his feelings.

The Border Collie was waiting outside of the school. His eyes were searching through the crowd of kids, looking for a certain blue heeler. First, he saw black and white spots, then came the blue.

"Bluey!" MacKenzie waved his arm in the air, trying to catch her attention. Through the crowd, he could see a blue arm in response.

There was thirteen year old, Bluey, followed by her Dalmatian friend, Chloe. They stopped far from where MacKenzie was standing. Just far enough so he couldn't hear them. Chloe said something to Bluey, and Bluey glanced at him. Almost as fast as their eyes met, Bluey's were torn away.

MacKenzie scratched the back of his head and stared at the ground. He was getting a bit impatient. He just wanted to get this over with and release the weight that's been holding him down for years.

The Border Collie looked back up to see Chloe holding Bluey by the shoulders and jumping up and down. Bluey's facial expression did not mirror Chloe's excitement. The Blue Heeler rolled her eyes and then smiled. She hugged Chloe, and then they both waved goodbye.

"What was that all about?" He asked as Bluey approached him.

"Oh um, just girl stuff, you know?" She avoided contact as she spoke.

"Oh, okay." MacKenzie was pretty sure it was more than that. But he decided not to press any further.

"So what's up?" She smiled, her tail wagging behind her.

"Oh, right! So I was wondering if after you go home we could meet up at the creek?"

"Sure! I miss going there."

"Okay, great! So I'll see you soon then?"

"Yeah!"

An orange pickup truck pulled up and honked. "Let's go, MacKenzie!"

"Gotta go! See you later, Bluey!" MacKenzie waved and ran to the vehicle.

Bluey waved at her friend. She wondered why he wanted to go to the creek all of a sudden. Then she remembered what Chloe had said.

"Look, he's waiting for you so he can confess his love for you."

The Blue Heeler rolled her eyes at the memory. There was no way he felt the same. They were just friends.

--

Bluey had gone home to drop off her things and to inform her parents that she would be out with MacKenzie at the creek.

Once that was done with, Bluey headed over to the park. It had been a while since she went to the creek, so she couldn't quite remember where it was. Plus, over time, the trees grew over the entrance, making it more difficult to find.

Unexpectedly, there was rustling from the nearby bushes. Something popped out from them, and Bluey instinctively jumped.

"Bluey?"

"MacKenzie!" She ran up to him, her tail wagging behind her.

"You came."

"Of course I did."

Now, both of their tails were wagging.

"Well, come on. I've got something to show you." He grabbed her hand and led her through the bushes and trees. This made Bluey's face go hot.