Prologue

It was a strange day for you, you had just gotten off the phone with your old friend Lúcio the world famous dj turned rebel fighter. Who you knew from having to go to Rio for family things since you were part brazilian because of your father. Lucio had told you how bad it was since null sector had invaded Rio, so you had planned to go to Rio and help out no matter the cost so there you where at the local airport but someone you could have only assumed was the manager said that they had canceled all flights out from Peru for fear that Peru would be next in line for an invasion from null sector. You had known driving there would have made you more of a target. So there you were getting ready to go back to your cousins house, but you had bumped into someone with a glowing yellow augment.

Y/N: Sorry, my bad, it's my fault I wasn't paying attention.

The 2 of you had gotten up of the ground at that point, and you dusted yourself off

???: It's quite alright. Just don't let it happen again

She goes to leave after the 2 of you get back up. After that, the 2 of you go your separate ways, and you had thought that would have been the only time the 2 of you had crossed paths, but how wrong you were it was only the beginning.

After half an hour, you arrive back at your cousins house. You immediately went straight to the guest bedroom to think of a possible way to get to Rio to help Lúcio. There was only one problem that being you forgotten to eat. So you walked out of the guest bedroom and down into the kitchen to fix yourself something to eat. There were just so many things crossed through your mind even before you started fixing up your lunch, you almost lost track of what you were doing exactly. As you were cooking your food it looked like it was burning so you kept it on low for a while as you get ready to slowly turn the stove off.

Y/N: (Damn, I need to stay focused no matter what.)

You had thought to yourself as you had gotten a plate out. Were placing your food on but you stubbed your toe on the side of the counter.

Y/N: Damnit that fucking hurt.

Was all you could say as your cousins pet cat Eliza walked in at the sound of a loud noise. Eliza wasn't like most other cats though she was a surprisingly nice calico cat. Who disliked seeing people she was close with hurt or in pain.

Eliza walks over to you and rubs against your leg trying to comfort you through your short instance of pain. You put your food aside and knelt down and pet her to try to say you were fine she saw the look in your eyes you had given her. She had stayed in the kitchen with you while you had ate your food that you had nearly burnt. After you had fully eaten your food you were getting ready to go back to the guest room to take it easy until you could figure out a plan to get to Rio safely. Eliza on the other hand had other plans so she had followed you to the guest room with you after you had sat down on the bed with you her small body curled up next to yours. She falls asleep next to you as you follow 30 minutes later.