Dè an Ròs Fiadhaich.

It was Christmas Eve, 2042. Breath was frosty in the cold night air, appearing as a small cloud before disappearing. Our main characters, Fitzgerald and Bianca, were safe in a castle in Scotland. They traveled through halls that were decorated in red silks and carpets, medieval tapestries and knight's armor adorned with silver stands, lifeless.

    As Fitzgerald and his friend neared the end of the halls, they were dead silent. Suddenly, they heard something. A plane. They hadn't heard a plane in a while, as it was 2042 and planes now ran on electricity. It was loud, and it grew louder. Bianca covered her ears, the unfamiliar noise bothering her. Fitzgerald listened, though. The noise grew louder and louder by the moment.

    Suddenly, there was a very irritating and near noise that sounded as if a giant had swung it's enormous hammer into the castle walls.

    Bianca, ever so brave, tried to take off running towards the sound, wanting to see the damage and if people were alright. Fitzgerald pulled her back and away, telling her that it was dangerous and they needed to get out of there. He was always so fearful.

    She sighed, and stopped trying to run. Her eyes were wide and her face seemed to be frozen in shock from the crash, Fitzgerald trembled, his mind racing with possibilities on what had happened. Bianca grabbed her friend's sleeve, and went back throughout the halls. After about 30 minutes of running through the corridors, they eventually got out of the castle. Outside, it was covered with debris and stone bricks, the castle gleaming with orange flames and thick smoke due to the gas plane.

    The two looked at each other. They knew this was some big event, something that was absolutely huge. It would most likely be on the news tomorrow. If it wasn't, then everyone's tv died. Though, knowing this, the two friends just walked away. They couldn't do anything, really. The only staff in the castle were a few maintenance workers who took care of the historical place.

    Fitzgerald pointed at the sky, hushing Bianca and himself under the trees in the night. There were blue and red points in the sky, multiple electric helicopters arriving. Bianca gasped in relief. If anyone was hurt, they would soon be saved by the police and rescue team.... Hopefully. She really didn't want to think about the chances of death. She hoped it would be easy to spot victims, as the castle floors were exposed.

    Fitzgerald could only stare at the scene in shock, shaking his head and muttering. This great big castle of history, amazing architecture and medieval findings. And yet, there was smoke and flames and this great big gas plane sticking out of what once was the castle towers. The scene brought tears to his eyes, which stung his skin like burns. He wiped them off, and he and Bianca fled the scene. They rushed through the forest, trying to get out as fast as possible.

    They managed to get out and stumbled onto the street. They were shaking, sticking close to one another as they walked without aim. People eyed them as they passed by, flashes of concern on their faces for the two.

    Then, Bianca stopped them. They turned to face each other. Suddenly, it all hit like a brick. Or rather, a plane. What all just really happened caught up with them. What just happened was big, and may forever change the country. Lives might've been lost. A piece of History was destroyed. 

    Fitzgerald let out a pained sob, falling to his knees on the concrete. Bianca watched her friend, trying to comfort him.
    "It'll be alright, Fitz..", she whispered. They had gone to the same middle school, high school, and met up after college to become roommates. Bianca had even helped Fitzgerald plan out his wedding and date ideas and helped with his poor love life. And now, she had survived whatever this was with him. She took a few steps backward when she saw the scene of the castle now.

    Fitzgerald looked up at Bianca, only to find her standing in the road. Fitzgerald only had time to glance for oncoming traffic before a car sped into her.

    Fitzgerald was in shock. He cried out, fat tears falling and his eyes wide open. Passersby stopped at the horrific scene and called for help. As help came, Fitzgerald looked back at the castle. The damned castle. It took away his best friend. The smoke was ever-present, the glow of the flames bringing a chaotic intrusion to the blue and red of the Scottish police helicopters. People started noticing it, freaking out. TVs were finally broadcasting the horrid situation.

    Everyone knew of the castle. Sirens came, taking away her still body. Fitzgerald could only watch through tears upon tears. His hands dug into his arms as he hugged himself, nails piercing so deep that scarlet blood began to drip out. Finally, lack of air from crying combined with his newfound headache and shock made him pass out. People crowded around as more medicals came to the scene. The last thing he processed was sirens and bright red and blue lights.
.
.
.
.
    December 25th, 2056
. Fitzgerald stood in front of her. He stayed silent for just a moment, before starting to talk again.

    "Hello, Bianca. It's been a bit. I wondered where you were."

    Bianca stayed silent. Unfortunately. Though, she watched him with curiosity.

    "...I went to school. University. I have finally become a historian, as we always dreamed about. It's rather horrid that you couldn't join me."

     Even as Bianca remained unresponsive, Fitzgerald kept talking. He spoke of his wife and family.

    "Me and Brianna are having a happy marriage. We have kids together. Thank you, for bringing us together, It means so much to us" He paused. "She had a hold up at work and wasn't able to join us in our conversation right now."

    Fitzgerald talked slowly, twirling the rose he picked from his own garden in his hand. The thorns pricked and stabbed, making the man wince. Glancing at the scars left by his nails on that sorrowful night, he stopped moving the rose and sighed.

    "I've learned from you. I'm braver now, more confident. You've taught me so much, my dear friend..."

    His eyes welled up with tears, this conversation seemed to hurt more than the rose. Though, that's the beauty of it, isn't it? A flower so lovely yet it hurts you at first touch. Fitzgerald let a tear roll down his cheek. He wiped it away, smiling wearily.

    "It's been nice knowing you, Bianca. I wish you all the best. Rest well, and merry Christmas."
With that, he placed the rose at Bianca's feet. He left the cemetery, no longer feeling lost in life. He took a final look back at her.

 Bianca E. Quinton. Nov. 19th, 2021 - Dec. 24th, 2042. "It's going to be alright, Fitz."