1|Sold

Have a great day!" I say to the elderly woman, handing her, her meal

Have a great day!" I say to the elderly woman, handing her, her meal. I grab the broom from the back, singing softly as I sweep up the crumbs on the floor.

I switch the "Open" sign to "Close," switching off the lights.

Gathering my stuff, I quickly lock up, wanting to leave this part of town before the sun sets.

***
A tired sigh leaves my mouth as I walk up the driveway, the busyness of the day finally catching up to me.

"Change into something nice." Father says, sitting on the couch a beer in his hand and a cigar in his mouth.

"What for?" I quietly ask confused.

"Would you just do what your fucking told too? Your voice is so damn annoying." He shouts irritated.

I nod, not wanting to infuriate him more.

I enter my room, looking at the few outfits I have, before deciding on a simple blue dress. Laying it out on the mattress I sleep on, I make my way to the bathroom across the hall.

The cold water sprays down on me, as I wince, carefully washing my body trying not to irritate my wounds.

I dry my skin, heading back into my room changing into the dress. I apply makeup to cover my scars and add a touch of blush to my cheeks along with lip gloss.

"Alessandra get down here!" I hear father's voice boom, making me jump.

"Coming" Throwing my makeup bag somewhere, I take a deep breath preparing myself of what's to come

My eyes grow wide, seeing three huge men dressed in all black, standing in the living room with father.

"Sit" Father commands pointing to the spot next to him on the couch.

I try to ignore the smell of alcohol and the bile rising to my throat.

"Here's your money" one of the men in the room says, throwing a dufful bag on the floor.

I gasp at the amount of cash in the bag.

"Take the girl." Another one of the men orders.

My eyes go wide, staring at the men as they walked closer. "What? No leave me." I scream as I'm roughly pulled up from the couch.

"Dad" I exclaim only for him to ignore me and continue couting the cash.

"Come on, let's go." I'm taken out of the house, where two SUV's are parked on the lawn.

I trash around, trying to loosen the grip of the men but soon give up realizing it makes no sense. These men are twice my size, they could crush me within seconds.

Brining my hand to my chest, I try to ease the pain.

Soon, my childhood house, the house which I took my first steps in, the house responsible for all the scars on my body, was all a memory as the car zoomed past it leaving all the memories, good and bad behind.