𝗖 𝗵 𝗮 𝗽 𝘁 𝗲 𝗿 ⁰⁴

★・・・・・・★

★・・・・・・★

AUTHOR'S POV

As the ceremony concluded, the guests erupted into applause, and the tension that had hung in the air began to dissipate. Jungkook and Ashley turned to face the congregation, but their thoughts were still reeling from the whirlwind of emotions.

Then, an unexpected turn of events unfolded. Ju Won, the toddler who had been a silent presence throughout the ceremony, toddled over to Jungkook and Ashley. Their eyes widened in shock as they realized that he was their son.

"Mama," Ju Won said in his sweet, innocent voice, and he reached out to Ashley, wrapping his tiny arms around her in a hug.

Ashley was stunned, her heart racing. She hadn't been prepared for this revelation. The realization that Ju Won was their child hit her like a tidal wave. She looked at Jungkook, her eyes filled with a mix of surprise and uncertainty.

Jungkook, too, was taken aback. His son had just called Ashley "Mama," and the weight of this newfound responsibility settled heavily on his shoulders. He exchanged a glance with Ashley, and in that moment, the complexities of their union became even more profound.

As Ju Won hugged Ashley tightly, it was as though the boundaries of their worlds had shifted, and they were now faced with a future that was far more intricate and uncertain than they had ever imagined.

Ashley looked down at Ju Won, her surprise giving way to a small, gentle smile. She reached out and took his tiny hand, bringing it to her lips and planting a tender kiss on the back of his little hand. In response, Ju Won giggled, the sound like music to her ears. It was a simple, heartfelt moment that melted Ashley's heart and began to bridge the gap between them, creating a connection that neither of them had anticipated.

"Hey, little baby, what's your name?" Ashley asked in a gentle yet calm voice.

"My name is Ju Won," he replied in his adorable, little voice.

"Really? It's a very cute name, Ju Won-ah," she said, affectionately ruffling his soft hair.

Ju Won giggled, his innocent laughter filling the room as he proudly displayed his bunny teeth. Ashley cherished this joyful moment, but as she looked up, she noticed Jungkook watching both of them with a mix of new emotions and evident confusion.

"Let's go," Jungkook said, gently taking Ju Won into his arms and extending his hand toward Ashley.

As Ashley placed her hand in his, a sudden warmth coursed through her. His touch was simple yet firm, a gesture that took her by surprise. The shock of him holding her hand was palpable, and in that fleeting connection, it was as though a bridge had been built between them, a bridge that hinted at the complexities of their newfound family dynamic.

Amidst the farewells and well-wishes from the guests, Ashley and Jungkook made their way to bid goodbye to everyone, including Ashley's parents. Her parents, in a display of crocodile tears, pretended to be deeply moved by the occasion, shedding insincere tears to create an illusion of caring for Ashley's well-being. It was a stark reminder of the world they came from, where appearances and social status often took precedence over genuine emotions. Ashley couldn't help but feel a pang of sadness and resentment, knowing that their support was more for show than for her actual happiness..

•───────•°•❀•°•───────•