Chapter 1

Fire licks the air as Grimm causes widespread panic in the small village. Little Violet Argent was curled up in a ball and shaking. Her parents were nowhere to be found. She tries to get up, her blue hair is matted with blood and sweat. She was knocked back down and grabbed by a Nevermore with its talons.

As the Nevermore lands and is about to eat Violet, Salem uses her powers to take it down. "Hazel, grab her."

Strong arms wrap around Violet and cradle her. Despite his muscular appearance, he was gentle and didn't scare her. She nuzzles her head in his chest. She smiles and closes her eyes.

Salem smiles at the sight. "We'll let this one live. She could be useful. Let's go home."

"Why is this one any different?" Tyrian asked. "She's just another silver-eyed warrior child."

"You dare to question me?" Salem asked.

"Of course not, Goddess. No. No. No. No, I would not ever question you. I was just curious of your intentions for her." He smiles.

"You'll find out in time," Salem said, smiling. "Give me the girl." Hazel hands her over to Salem and Salem also cradles her in her arms. Violet opens her eyes and looks up at her. "It's okay, little one. Your mother will protect you." Violet falls asleep peacefully in Salem's arms.

Cinder comes over. "You usually don't leave anyone alive."

"She's a... special case," Salem said.

"You have plans for her," Cinder realized. "What is it?"

"You'll find out soon enough, Cinder. Do not question me again," she said coldly.

Cinder bows her head immediately. "Of course, Salem. Without you, I am nothing."

Salem smiles, pleased. "Good." She goes home with the others.