Chapter 16

"Forgive me your Majesty" he said huskily and bowed before him

"Forgive me your Majesty" he said huskily and bowed before him. "The princess chaeyoung in the courtyard." earlier  Jungkook had appointed a few additional soldiers and servants to keep a watchful eye on chaeyoung and to let him know of anything important. But he didn't understand what was so earth shattering about this news? She wasn't forbidden from going outside...The servant continued

"She's practicing archery, Emperor. With Namjoon shi."Now he understood the peculiarity of her actions. All the women he knew never or he had never engaged in such activities. Why would she practice wielding a weapon? And what was she doing with Namjoon ?

"I told you she was trouble, Jungkook," Seo Hyun said from near him.It was a warning.When Jungkook and Seo Hyun arrived at the courtyard, along with some of his soldiers and wonwoo, he spotted chaeyoung immediately. He was shocked when the servant told him, but he felt even more amused to actually see chaeyoung engaged in archery lessons with Namjoon.

"Who is this  princess? And why wasn't she sewing or fretting about her makeup and clothing like other typical girls in my palace?He watched her intently. She seemed to be getting along well with Namjoon. They were even laughing together. But why were they laughing?

"That girl is far too adventurous. Not fit to be a proper lady," seo Hyun hatefully pointed out . Jungkook wasn't so sure he agreed with her.He noticed Dae caught a glimpse of him from across the courtyard and watched her quickly run over to chaeyoung and Namjoon. The two of them looked in his direction. Terror spread across their faces before they froze. It almost amused him.Well, it was time for him to make his entrance then.He made his way across the courtyard, and the rest of his party followed him. He stopped himself a few paces before chaeyoung and Namjoon, who were both standing very still and watching his every movement along with everyone else around him.

"Namjoon ! You here," he said quietly."welcome your majesty," Namjoon replied as he bowed. "I was just showing princess chaeyoung how to use a bow and arrow in our joseon ways"

"I can see that. The question is why ?." His question was instantaneous

"Because I asked him," chaeyoung blurted out, and he turned to face her.He couldn't figure this girl out. Here she was, not properly dressed like a lady, with her mantle missing and her hair tied back messily. A case of arrows was also hanging from her shoulder.

"Then I redirect the question to you."She was about to become her fiery self with him. He could tell from the look in her eyes.

"Do I need a reason?"

"I asked for an explanation. Not a reason."

"They're the same thing.".

"Not necessarily."

"Actually, they are. Regardless of your perspective on the matter, I simply wanted to learn joseon way of using Bow and Arrow, and Namjoon agreed to teach me.. That's all"