8|Josh

"Ugh!" I groan covering my face with the blanket

Someone has been knocking our bedroom door for what feels like forever and it's starting to get annoying. "For the love of god Nicolas open the door!"

"Fine, but whoever is outside that door is surely getting fired. His husky voice grumbles out.

"Nicolas darling!" An unfamiliar voice screeches as he opens the door.

"Mother." I peep my head out of the blanket, spotting a woman who looks no older than fifty standing at our door, excitedly looking around.

"How are-" Nicolas tries to say before his mother interrupts him. I have to cover my mouth with my hand to stop myself from laughing.

"Where is my daughter-in-law?" She pushes him aside, waltzing into the room. "Aww, no need to feel shy."

"Oh, uhh hi." I awkwardly wave to her as she pulls the blanket away from my face.

"Mother, how about we let her get dressed?" Nicolas comes to the rescue, saving me from the awkward situation.

"Ok fine. Only because I haven't greeted Mary yet." I let out a deep breath, as they leave the room, Nicolas sending an annoying smirk over his shoulders.

I sprint towards the bathroom, quickly brushing my teeth and showering. I decided on a cute blue summer dress, no makeup and my hair in a ponytail.

"There she is!" Nicolas's mother points from her seat at the island.

I blush, joining Nicolas, his mother, a man whom I am guessing is his father and Nicolas.

"Hello sir and ma'am." I smile greeting the both of them.

"Nonsense. We're all family so please call us mom and dad. That's if you don't mind of course. " Nicolas's mother pulls me into a hug, squishing my organs in the process.

"Breakfast is ready!" A maid says walking into the kitchen.

We all sit around the table, getting to know each other. She even tells me about Nicolas's childhood.

"Once, he jumped into the neighbour's yard and stole their dog." Nicolas blushes slightly, turning his attention back to his father.

"Oh, this reminds me." Nicolas begins. "A business associate will be joining us for dinner tomorrow night.

***
"Y'know i'm still in shock that you're married." Abby and I met up for lunch at our favourite cafe, just a few blocks away from our high school.

"Alessandra?" The voice sounds familiar. I turn around spotting my ex, Josh.

We dated for two years in high school but broke up because he cheated. Later I found out I was just a bet and he was using me to make his ex jealous.

"So, how are you? " He takes a seat next to us, ignoring Abby.

"I'm fine."

"You sure you haven't missed me?" There it is. His big ego. If only his brain was the same size.

"Why would she miss you? She has a perfect, hot and not to mention rich husband." Abby answers for me.

I glare at her, kicking her from under the table.

"Yeah, right." He says as if he thinks I an lying.

"Well, I gotta go. It was nice meeting you ladies." He gets up to leave.

"Wish we felt the same." Abby mutters .

"Before I forget, we're having a reunion. It'll be next week Wednesday at the school's auditorium." With that he exists the cafe.

***
"Nico- Ahhh." I turn around covering my eyes.

Nicolas had jus came out of the bathroom, with nothing but a towel on.

"You can turn around now, princess." His towel hung dangerously low on his hips, water from his shower still dripping down his abs disappearing under his towel.

"Like what you see." I'm sure I am blushing all the way to my skull.

"W-what n-no." I awkwardly scratch the back of my head, pretending to look around the room.

"I'm all yours too look at, princess." He walks up to me, cupping my face in his rough palms.

My heart swells and my stomach is filled with butterflies. I feel my face heat up and I am sure, I look like a tomato.

Nicolas's phone rings, scaring me.

"Excuse me." He walks into the closet, still smirking.

I exhale the breath I was holding, walking towards the bed. Grabbing my book from the side table, I get comfy.

"Where are you off too?" I ask Nicolas, as he exists the closet dressed in a white shirt tucked into black trousers.

"Business." His answer was short.

Business?

I look at the clock. 8:22 p.m.

"What business do you have at this time?" I question, one of my eyebrows raised.

"Just business." He exits the room, the scent of his cologne still lingering in the air.