Chapter 1 - Why wouldn't I be mad the egg?

Nameless Small Lesser Taratect's POV

A spider staring at an egg.

Anyone would find this either bad for the egg, or funny.

But a use of Appraisal and a little bit of knowledge proved the situation to be a lot more conflicting.

Your average Joe could tell this was an Earth Wyrm egg, but the problem lied with a tiny little part of text under the name.

(Shinohara Mirei)

An old classmate. One who had relentlessly bullied me no less, and now she was stuck in this egg, with me outside of it.

If you're wondering how I found it, well, it's rewind time!.

...

Some human was running with it in his hand desperately struggling to get out of the labyrinth with it, but then he fell on my webs.

The madman then had the bright idea to throw out a molotov to free himself.

Ah, sure! Just burn away all of my hard work! He almost killed himself with his own fire too.

That left me with an egg.

I appraised it.

{Egg}

Yeah, fantastic result.

«Proficiency has reached the required level. Skill [Appraisal LV1] has become [Appraisal LV2].»

Ahm now that's more like it! Appraisal!

{Wyrm Egg (Shinohara Mirei)}

"Hold your horses! Did that just say it's a wyrm? Like a dragon?" Was my first reaction before I looked at the name beside the type of egg.

«Proficiency has reached the required level. Acquired skill [Anger LV1].»

You know, I never believed in those cliché story things like butterflies in the stomach and that kind of logic, but for a moment there I saw red.

«Proficiency has reached the required level. Acquired skill [Heresy Resistance LV1].»

When I came back to my senses my front-right leg was mangled from hitting that shell too hard..

Oww.. Now that my bloodthirst has stopped, I'm really feeling the pain of mindlessly trying to destroy her egg.

«Proficiency has reached the required level. Acquired skill [Pain Resistance LV1].»

Before I could do anything else, I was ambushed by an Elroe Basilisk.

Great, now I've got to face an enemy without one of my weapons! Wait, why can't I move my legs?

When I looked at them, they were turning into.. Stone? Was this stupid critter trying to petrify me?

«Proficiency has reached the required level. Acquired skill [Petrification Resistance LV1].»

Oh, hell no! I'm hiding behind this egg, thank you very much. Maybe it will even crack it open!

Spoiler alert: It did not crack the egg.

How is this a normal egg in any way?! And how strong does Shinohara have to be if she wants to get out?!

I waited patiently for the monster to run out of MP.

Haha! Now you don't have your petrification anymore!

I surrounded it in a ton of webs, making sure it couldn't move. Once I was done, I used Poison Fang.