Crocs Love

I have never seen his face. He is tall. Tall enough to hide his face above my eyesight. I never had the courage to look up at his face. His male silhouette is so impressive. He had broad shoulders, which I rarely noted. All I see are his crocs. I used to sit on the table that was close to the door, just to be the first person to check his crocs. His crocs are not any ordinary crocs. His crocs are "CROCS." I know all his tastes just by seeing his crocs. He likes Coca-Cola. He never said that, but his jibbitz did. We both like Harry Potter, Pokemon, and the Los Angeles Lakers team. I got to know all these through his Jibbitz. It even reflects his current mood. Like all other days, I was expecting to see his current mood through his crocs, and I was shocked. He paired "I♥️" jibbitz with "SHE HER" jibbitz. So he likes someone. Who is she? I never knew that he had someone in his heart. Should I stop caring whether I look at his face or not? I don't know. But I can't stop looking at his crocs. It has become my new obsession. What should I do? When thousands of thoughts are running in the background, someone's shadow is right on my body. But I don't care to find out who it is. He said,"Hey! Nice Barbie crocs!"

"Oh! Okay! But that's to impress someone else", I thought in my mind, but I just replied, "Thank you."

His response to that shook me.

He said, "I guess you and I have similar tastes. I used to notice your crocs as soon as I entered the room. So, I think it will be great if we date sometime. Are you okay with that?"

"Oh wait! Is that him?" Instead of raising my head to see his face, I just looked down to see his crocs. "Oh yes! That's him." So the "SHE" featured in his jibbits is me.

So, it's not only me who paid attention to the crocs. Without even raising my head to see his face, I rushed to say, "Yes." More than what his face can say, his crocs have already said more to me.

- Araminta Flores