𝟎𝟎𝟕

𝟎𝟎𝟕. 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

▌ 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐄, Nick, and Ziggy were questioning each other on all sorts of random stuff. Nick was about to move on to the next question when Stephanie spoke.

"Well, I'm going to go check on how Color War is doing, but you guys can continue." The girl said.

"Alright, I'll see you later, Steph!" Ziggy said with a grin. Stephanie smiled back.

Nick gave her a small wave and a small grin. The girl waved back. Then, she began to walk out the door.

When Stephanie walked around the camp, she saw some Sunnyvalers throwing eggs at a kid named Jeremy. She rolled her eyes at the Sunnyvalers.

She felt bad for Jeremy. Her and Tommy were the only ones who were really ever nice to him.

One time, Jeremy had talked to Stephanie and asked her how to make friends. She had told him all that he needed to know.

She saw some Shadysiders tagging Sunnyvalers and Sunnyvalers tagging Shadysiders.

- - -

A few moments later, she heard a scream in the distance. She instantly ran towards the noise.

She saw a group of kids standing. I'm in front of one of the jail spots. She saw Jeremy lying there, dead.

"Jeremy's dead! Jeremy's dead!" One kid shouted. Stephanie felt tears start to form in her eyes.

How could something like this have happened?

A counselor blew his whistle. "We're done! Everyone get back!" A counselor shouted. "Everyone, go to the messhall, now!" Stephanie shouted, trying to get the kids away from the scene.

Ziggy let out a gasp as her and Nick had also arrived at the scene. "Get out of here! Get out!" A counselor shouted.

"Let's go! Get out! Let's go!" A counselor shouted again. "Come on. Get to the messhall!" Stephanie shouted.

- - -

Once everyone was in the messhall, Stephanie, Nick, and Gary did a headcount. "Where's Cindy, Kurt, Joan?" Nick asked Stephanie.

"I don't know. I haven't seen them. Or Tommy, or anyone." The girl replied. "The lights are coming on." Gary said.

"Maybe their looking for us." Gary added. "It's dead." Nick said as he was referring to the phone.

"We have to go. We have to warn people." Ziggy said as she went to walk out of the messhall.

Nick stopped her and said, "I'm sure they heard the bell. Hey!"

"My sister, she's still out there!" Ziggy exclaimed. "The same sister you hated since you were a baby?" The boy questioned.

Ziggy went to walk away again. "Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. Me and Gary will go." Nick said. "What?" Gary questioned in a worried tone.

"Just please stay here." Nick said. "I can't sit here!" Ziggy shouted. "I'm not letting you get hurt!" Nick exclaimed.

That made everyone, including Stephanie, turn to look at them in silence.

"Okay? Please, let me do my job." Nick said as he tucked a strand of hair behind Ziggy's ear.

"I'm gonna find your sister. Just stay here, okay?" Nick whispered. Nick began to walk away. "You." Nick said as he pointed at Gary.

"Hey, you realize that's a camper, right?" Gary asked. "Look, you make for cabin one. I'll head to nine." Nick said, then gave Gary a flashlight.

Stephanie was trying to make sure that the phones worked. None of them did. Stephanie started to get worried for all the children that were still outside.

Ziggy then came running towards Stephanie. "Steph! We forgot Sheila!" She exclaimed. "Shit." Stephanie muttered.

Her and Ziggy began bolting out the door. "Nick! Nick, we forgot Sheila!" The red-headed girl shouted. "Nick!" Stephanie shouted.

"Shit." Ziggy muttered before her and Stephanie began running towards the outhouse.