𝑖𝑖𝑖. haunts

𝓒𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑯𝑹𝑬𝑬𓇼 ˚₊‧꒰ა ❃ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚𓇼 ❛ ℎ𝑎𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑠 ❜

𝓒𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑯𝑹𝑬𝑬
𓇼 ˚₊‧꒰ა ❃ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚𓇼
❛ ℎ𝑎𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑠 ❜

SHE WOKE UP with a gasp. As she breathed in and out to calm her breathing down, she saw the sun rising. It was a beautiful sunrise, but sunsets had always been her favorite. It's just that she didn't get to witness as many sunsets as sunrises recently. Nightmares constantly wake her up, forcing her to see the only peaceful thing around her, and because she wakes up so early, she'd be out before the sunset. It was a loop she
quickly got tired of.

She rubbed her eyes before taking a chair to sit in front of the window, and grabbing a book. Vivian started to braid her hair, remembering the times she braided her little sister's hair. Her little sister. She had left Sofia all alone, in that terrible and tormenting household. Her little sister, the girl who she promised to protect, and she broke that promise. Who was going to look after her? Sure as hell not her parents, that's for sure.

Anger arose in her, and determination took over her quite fast. Vivian will still protect Sofia, and she will make sure she doesn't go through the shit she's been through. It was a silent oath she made, and she was sure she going to keep it. She wanted revenge. For her, for the other girls, for her little sister. It was another thing she promised to do, whether it was today, tomorrow, or in fifty years.

She then checked the clock, noticing she had a bit of time before heading to work. She sighed in defeat, knowing she'll have to put her revenge plan on hold. After all, she does need to have a life before she goes on and ruins someone else's, right? She sighed and got up, stretching just a bit before smoothing out her clothes.

It's the only pair she had, she had no choice. She decided to show up early, knowing she didn't have anything to do anyway. Vivian saw Martha setting up the books that were in the wrong category somewhere else, making her immediately go help her.

"You're early." Martha spoke with surprise. A small smile on her face as Vivian grabbed the books and started organizing.

"Blame my sleep schedule." She said half-jokingly, a half smile on her face as she walked around the small shop. The sun was finally up, and the store was organized and clean, "We are ready to open."

The sign was now 'Open'. Vivian waited around behind the cashier as she started on the book she was recommended by Steven. She wondered if he would come in today. He knew she had a job here as he was there as Vivian ans Martha spoke about the job, and she questioned if he thought of her as often as she does.

The bell rang, catching her attention. It was Evelyn; aka her neighbor that she had talked to once. She didn't know how to act. Awkward? Causal? Not a clue. She took a deep breath and acted as if she didn't even notice Evelyns presence and continued on reading.