One

It's raining?
Droplets hit my face as I stare up into the sky and notice the clouds have gotten darker than before. I was so lost in thought that I hadn't caught them until now. It's as if the sky is mirroring my current state of mind.
And as much as I would love to stay under the gloomy sky, I had to get back inside before I received another beating.

Hesitantly, I walked away from the gazebo which was built perfectly in the middle of the garden, surrounded by all types of plants.
It's sad to remember how they wanted to destroy the entire area, until I pleaded for the garden to be kept. Now I'm the only one taking care of the wonderful place.

I close the door to my room silently and let out a sigh as I walked to my shattered mirror in the corner of my room.
I examine my wet state and let out another sigh.
I quickly wash my self with the remaining time I have left.
Once I'm done, I stare into the mirror again, making sure that none of my scars and bruises are visible, and if they do show, I cover them up with some cosmetics.

While brushing my wavy locks, a knock is heard on my door. I place my brush down on my vanity that is slowly wearing away and open the door. I take a quick glance at who it is before my eyes go to the floor.
It was Emal.

"Good evening, miss. Dinner will be served momentarily, please make your way to the kitchen as soon as possible" she informs me, a smile in her voice.
I give her a small smile and nod.

Emal was one of the many housemaids we have in the palace, yet she's the only one that acknowledges me as a princess. I may even consider as a somewhat mother to me. She's been looking after me since I stopped talking, which was years ago.

I check myself once more before making my way to the kitchen. The reason she has called me was because I was meant to serve the food to my family. To them, I wasn't considered a princess, let alone a daughter, so I was used as another servant. A personal servant. To my older sister, Victoria.

Victoria is older than me by a year. She's beautiful I can say that. With her long blonde hair from my mother and green eyes from my father make her stand out very well. She has a great face too, with heart shaped lips and long lashes. She really is beautiful, and confident too. Maybe too confident. But all her beauty gets ruined with her spoiled and rude personality. She's never been fond of me since I was born and she's not afraid to show that.

Me however, I don't look like her at all. Even my younger brother looks similar to her with his blond hair and same face shape.
With caramel like hair and eyes a darker shade of blue than my mother's, I don't look like anyone. I'm just myself. Which is probably why my parents have such a huge dislike to me.

I enter the kitchen and nod at everyone in a greeting manner. I grab the food and head to set the dining table for my family.

~~

After a bit, everyone is sat by the table.
Not me though.
I'm standing beside Victoria, watching from the corner of my eye as everyone eats. Although I can sense my little brother, Louis, staring at me, I keep my gaze low. I wasn't allowed to eat with everyone. Im barely allowed to eat at all. But it's okay, I'm used to it by now. Having three meals a week was my norm. And if I was behaving, then sometimes I would get four days.

If I 'misbehaved' though, I wouldn't be allowed to eat for a whole week.

If that did happen though, Emal would sneek bits of food for me. I'm very grateful for her.

After food, everyone leaves. And as Victoria does too, she 'accidentally' spills her red wine on me and the table. Which has a white tablecloth on it.
This will take forever to clean..
I let out a quiet sigh as she leaves the dining room with a laugh.

I collect all the dishes and carry them to the kitchen.
When I'm back in the living room with a wet rag in my hand, my eyes land on Louis,

Who was cleaning the red stain.

My eyes widen and I rush to him. He turns to me with a slanted smile. I shake my hand and take the rag he was using.

"Let me help you, it will be faster if two people cleaned" he says with pleading eyes.
I shook my head and signed to him 'it's my job to clean after them, don't worry'

Yes I know sign language. I had to communicate somehow. Louis was the one with the idea actually. A couple years ago, he suggested sign language so he could communicate easier with me. So we both learned together.

Louis huffed. But instead of leaving me, he went and collected the other dishes. A small smile etched on my face, but it quickly disappeared as I remembered where I was.
After cleaning, Louis bid me goodnight and I gave a small smile.

That was a few hours ago.

Now I'm at the garden, back at the gazebo, staring at the sparkling sky with the cool wind breeze.

It's so peaceful out here

I inhale the cold air and the scent of the flowers, and sigh.
Oh how I wish life was this peaceful. Nobody to bother me. Or hurt me.

I wish I was a flower that had a gardener that took good care of it.

I walk out the gazebo and head to the little pond that was near the end of the garden.
I crouch down and look at the reflection of the moon in the water.
I lift my head to look at it, letting out a quiet sigh.

Someone. Anyone. Get me out of here, please.
I pray silently, and slowly make my way back inside the palace.

• • • • • •
A/N

First chapter! How we feeling about it?

What do you guys think of Louis?

Follow my Instagram for updates and more!
Link in bio!