𝐨. lips sealed.

જ⁀➴ 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝗺𝗮𝗴𝗶𝗰.
▬▬ 000. PROLOGUE ❝ Lips Sealed ❞ .ᐟ
UNKNOWN'S POV !

" do you feel ashamed / when you hear my name? "

- ✸ SCOTT STREET, phoebe bridgers

【 ꒰ ✶ ꒱ 】

"HERE. THIS IS WHERE YOU SIGN."

The Emperor presented me with a scroll, and it unravelled itself, revealing a blank space under a couple of paragraphs for me to sign.

I stared at it for a moment, unsure if signing the contract was a good idea.

"Go on. Don't keep me waiting," he said, his tone growing impatient. The hollow eye holes in his stag mask sent a chill down my spine.

"I— um, my—my lord. What exactly is this...contract for?" I asked hesitantly.

The Emperor was silent. I realised I must have spoken out of turn and braced myself for him to lash out at me.

But he didn't. Instead, he spoke in a collected manner, and I let out a breath I hadn't realised I'd been holding. I was lucky that he was feeling merciful.

"It is an oath that you must take, and it swears upon the Titan that you will devote your loyalty to me, and only me, unless you want to face dire consequences," he explained, his voice eerily calm.

I nodded. "Yes, my lord."

"You shall take on any responsibility you are accountable for, and you will endure any punishments you deserve," he continued.

I shuddered at the word 'punishments'. "I-I understand, my lord."

"Very well. Now sign," he ordered, handing me a quill.

I took it with a shaky hand and looked at the blank space where I had to sign.

All I had to do was sign the contract, and then I would get the sigil of the Emperor's Coven and everything would be over and done with.

I stared at the space for a moment, wondering if it was worth it.

Then, I made my decision.

I scrawled my signature in the space.

As soon as I signed, the scroll rolled itself up and disappeared with a 'poof'.

"Good. You are dismissed. Welcome to the Emperor's Coven, child," The Emperor said, sounding satisfied. "And remember, lips sealed. You are forbidden to tell anyone about this."

I nodded, then quickly ran out of the room, afraid of what would happen to me if I stayed inside the room any longer.

Oh, you stupid naïve little child. You should've read the whole thing.

NOW LOOK AT THE MESS YOU'RE IN.

【 ꒰ ✶ ꒱ 】