prequel

Dick Grayson hadn't meant for it to happen. I mean who can plan to brake a leg.

'But then again' Dick thought 'He lived with The Batman' and Dick was pretty sure that B could plan for one if it helps cover his butt.

So here Dick was, laying on a bed that was to comfortable to complain about, broken leg propped up with pillows to help with pain, and bored out of his mind.

"Ugh" exclaimed the boy. Hoping that maybe the universe would hear him and bring him some entertainment.

And maybe the universe did hear his plea, as the rickety old door of his room gently creaked open.

In the doorway stood a young man, looking to barely in his 20s, but those who knew him, knew him to be at least 22 years old. He had ebony black hair, bright green eyes that seemed to glow (and at times it felt like they did), sunkissed skin that was, seemingly, unblemished but closer inspection could lead you to see small (and sometimes very large) healed scars that were a bit lighter but not very noticeable. He was tall like his father and had a bit of said father's build in the chest and shoulders, but smaller, and more lean making him quicker then his father.

He was Damian Wayne.

Bruce Wayne's Eldest (and only biological) Son.

He was cold, quiet, and impassive at the best of times. Showing little care about anyone but himself,but the best of times were not always, revealing him to be quick to anger, intimidating and cowing. From an outside point of view, he seems like an awful or even cruel person.

And to be honest, Dick's first impression of him, made him think that what people were saying was true at first.

It was Bruce who helped Dick begin to understand Damian as a person and encouraged him to get past the rough outside to find the gem within.

Because of those words, Dick began to look a little harder to find what it was that the others were talking about.

Because of those words he saw a whole new side to Damian

All though daunting in his disposition, Dick soon noticed somethings about Damian.

His first realization had been rather shocking.

Damian Wayne

THE Damian Wayne

Was......

Socially awkward.

Yes he could talk to Wayne Enterprises employees and Stockholders and other business people. And yes he could get pretty venomous with some people but only if they pushed his buttons enough.

But other than that, while already being a quiet person, he had a hard time socializing with anyone new.

Which didn't help him in the friend department but Dick knew already that Jon Kent was good enough for his brother.

His brother....

Dick and Damian had started off on the wrong foot.

And now thinking back to that time, if his past self could see him, he would have drop-kicked himself.

Because that once, seemingly, intimidating and brutal man, was standing in his doorway, looking at him in a caring way that only people who know the man could tell.

"Richard, what are you doing up still?" Said the green eyed man in an unexpressive voice. "You should have been asleep and hour ago. How is your leg meant to heal fast if you don't sleep?"

"I can't" exclaimed the boy "Im too bored"

Both stood in silence and after a few seconds Damian asked
"what can I do about that?"

Dick thought about it and soon came to a conclusion.

"Can you tell me about when you were Robin?" The little birdie asked

The older of the two was about to say no most likely when he was interrupted by the boy saying a whiny and loud

"PLEEEEEEAAAAASSSSE"

Said with big puppy eyes.

"Fine but you have to go to bed after, got it?"

"Yep" said the boy popping the p at the end a bit.

___________________________
Hi its Dreaming
I have a plan for this story and wanted to have a prologue so I can get a feel for it.
I will be continuing the story soon but for now my life is pretty busy (it took me 3 days to finish this) but I'll try to put out another chapter as soon as possible.

Thank you so much for reading this, I appreciate it so much and hope you have a wonderful whatever time it is.

- Dreamie (⁠。⁠•̀⁠ᴗ⁠-⁠)⁠✧