Chapter 12 - The labs

Ding

The elevator doors slide open. Long snow colored hallways greet us. Holt is downstairs doing some business, he didn't mention what.

Armada speaks up, "These are our experiment laboratories. There are four different  subsections of experimentation."

He points down the first hallway to our right, a hallway with a biohazard tarp blocking it, "Down there is the microbiology. We've managed to make 5 different vaccines for major viruses. We helped finish the vaccine for the 2019 outbreak."

I am rather surprised to find out they helped with the vaccine. I though it was all government doing. 

He looks down the first left hallway, "If you keep going down there you'll find the bio-engineering labs. We haven't done much with that area we're working on it."

Felicia pipes in, "bio-engineering?" 

I don't fully know myself so I let Armada take this one, "Engineering the human DNA or building our own creatures. Though after the 2015 breakout we haven't decided time to get back to work on that."

Felicia looks like she still has questions, but holds back.

He points down another hallway, "Down there is just chemical labs, nothing interesting."

The last branching hallway is closed, and the door at the end of the hallway.

"Now this," Armada sounds more exited, "Is the fun part."

He puts his thumb on a scanner. The heavy doors open up. I think their about a foot thick. 

"These are the machine based labs," Armada explains, "Anything artificial is made here."

He leads us down here. There is all kinds of neat trinkets being made. Most of it seems to be advanced artillery. I see a tank in one room.

"We have a plethora of creations being made here. Over there are neural based arms we are trying to make."

I look through the window and I see a man with a prosthetic arm. He seems to be focusing on it and, within a few seconds, it starts to move like an actual hand.

"Outstanding isn't it?" He continues walking, "With that in mind we started making an alternate."

The window right next to it holds a pair of 4 snake-like arms connected to some metal base. 

"Those are for war, the prototype is done. We are just waiting for a volunteer." 

We walk for another few minutes. A lot of the windows are blacked out. Armada pushes a few buttons on one specific cell. The windows become translucent. I see what looks only to be some sort of sword hilt. Cross-guard and all. But when the engineer clicked something a long thin orange blade erupts from the hilt. 

"The Flameblade, as we call it, can reach approximately 3000 degrees Fahrenheit. But using a special formula all the heat remains within the blade."

I just nod, not knowing how such a thing is possible. Felicia seems just as perplexed. But we both hold our tongues.

I decide to ask a risky question, "So why exactly are you showing us this?"

He turns around, "I mainly just wanted to see what someone who doesn't work here would react to all this. Also this is an alternate route to the sleeping quarters. Which we should be pulling in on soon." 

About a few minutes later we arrived at rooms with a lot of doors and numbers.

"So how do you two wanna do your rooms," Armada asks when we reach a 4 way area.

"Huh"

Armada turns to us while looking a little awkward, "Do you uhh. Do you want two rooms. Or do you want to... share?"

I feel my face go red surprised by the question, "What- No- I-"

"Sure."

Felicia's response shocks me.

Armada grins, "Ha. You two remind me of myself in my early years. Two rooms to the left down that hallway."

We both make our way to our room.

Before we can make it Armada calls out to us, "Oh and I've got an important meeting soon. So I ask of you to not go to my office for the next hour or two," He starts to walk away

"What for!" I call back 

"Classified," He says with a tone of enthusiasm.

I just shake my head as I turn back to the room. The door is closed I just put my thumb on the scanner, hoping something happens. To my surprise the door opens.

"Welcome Colin Anderson" I robotic voice rings from the pad.

"What. How did-" I started

"On aircraft O-435 Admiral Holt entered you into the system Anderson."

I just stand there, flabbergasted. I hear Felicia give a chuckle behind me. 

"Ok...." I just walk into the room.

Armada was right. This place is very spacious. Very modern. I look to the clock on a coffee table. 8:46 It reads. I look into the two rooms connecting to the living space. Both bedrooms. One bigger than the other. I tell Felicia to use the larger one due to her natural size.

She hesitated for a moment but left for her room. I just walked into mine, not even bothering to remove my shoes. I fell asleep before I even hit the bed.

(Ok be wary)

(Yea I got it)

(So what do you plan from here, down underground)

(Well the next chapter, well more like info segment, is titled "Report of retrieval units")

(So we will have our second contact between these two superpowers?)

(Wow look who's a smart guy for once)

(Two superpowers? What...?)

(Oh not again...)

(Well take 2 gonna last ya 5 seconds my friend)

(WAIT NO I JUST-)

(Well its technically take 3...)

(Oh shush)