Low-key RuPru

The world meeting had been lasting for no more than three hours so far, but it felt like eternity. With visible relief Gilbert, who had temporarily taken place of his younger brother since the latter had caught a cold and couldn't show up, announced a break.

Everyone seemed to be just as relieved as he was, and the room that was almost always filled with the noise of countless arguments and heated debates quickly became quiet, as the countries started leaving it to take small walk or go down to the buffet. Soon enough there were only three people left: Prussia himself lingered a little longer and wrote a quick message to Ludwig asking how he'd been doing; America took a tasty-smelling burger and a bottle of cola from his bag and decided to have lunch right here; and finally, Russia - the langour of midday had long taken hold of him, so now he was peacefully sleeping in his place using a pile of documents as a pillow. Gilbert quietly chuckled finding the sight somewhat amusing. Scary as he usually was, Ivan did look cute with that little dreamy smile of his and a slight blush on his soft cheeks. He would mumble a couple of words into his scarf now and again, and sometimes his hand would gently stroke the pink cloth, as if the scarf was not a garment but a loving pet of some sort.

Having recieved the answer from Germany and relieved that his brother seemed to be fine, Prussia silently observed the two nations, but mainly Russia. He hadn't seen Ivan in a while and suddenly realized that he had never seen him sleeping before. Gilbert wouldn't ever imagine this sight to be that pleasant - yet, here he was unable to stop grinning at how adorable the Russian was. Truth to be told, he had been feeling attracted to the man for a long time - he didn't even remember when it had started. Perhaps, somewhere in the XVIII century? Or even earlier, when they were just children figuring out the world around them? Prussia frowned. There were some rather unpleasant memories connected with his and Ivan's childhood, one of them in particular Gilbert especially disliked not because it was painfull - but because it was probably the first time he ever felt ashamed of himself, felt like he was the opposite of awesome...

"Well, it's not like he was always nice to me either," Gilbert calmed his conscience. The attempt felt rather half-hearted. Nations' life is hard: it is almost impossible to disobey your boss even if they demand something horrible, your past allies can turn their backs on you as soon as the political climate changes, you may have to team up with a country you hate to achive a common goal - Prussia knew it all first-hand. Russia had caused him a lot of suffering and same could be said vice versa - Prussia had hurt Russia plenty of times over the years. Surprisingly enough, the two didn't hate each other - well, at least Prussia didn't, he couldn't read Ivan's mind of course. They had long burried the hatchet and forgiven each other as countries. And - Gilbert would never admit it to anybody but himself - he secretely hoped that Ivan had forgiven him as a person as well and that one day they could become closer - not like nations but like humans...

His thoughts were interrupted by America's buoyant voice:

"Hey, dude! How's Germany? Hope, he gets better soon!"

"Thanks, he's fine, I'll tell him you were concerned, - Gilbert answered quietly and smiled."

"Why are you whispering? It's not like we're exchanging state secrets, - Alfred chuckled. He appeared to be in an especially great mood today."

Prussia shrugged his shoulders.

"Nah, I just don't want to wake Ivan up. He looks tired."

Alfred turned his head to the Russian and seemed to only just have noticed that he had been asleep the whole time.

"Since when are you so worried about him? Don't you guys, like, want to kill each other?"

Gilbert shook his head wearily. Something in America's demeanor made Prussia a little suspicious. He couldn't tell what exactly it was, but his intuition seldom failed him.