Chapter 9

"Ugh, where are we?" Ashton asked Luke as he awoke. "I don't know." Luke replied. "And is that guy dead in front of us? He is the local baker, is he not?" Ashton asked Luke. "Yeah. But I think he is dead. It looks like the work of the killer that has been going about town." Luke replied. The next thing they saw was the man twitching slightly. Then he got up and left them alone once again. Just for him to dissappear into thin air, as he reached the door and opened it. "Do you think what happened to Calum will happen to him?" Luke asked Ashton curiously. "Nah, if you didn't notice there is a pile of ash at the door now, due to him leaving during the day. He most probably turned into a vampire as well but died the minute that he opened that door." Ashton said sarcastically. Just then she entered the cabin. Seeing her captives awake so she decided that it was time for some answers that she was looking for. "By the way Ash, I just wanted you to know that I am sorry for the way your dad has portrayed you your whole life. You never deserved that. But now you have Crystal at least as your aunt and maybe she can help us out with your mom." Luke said shyly toward Ashton. "Firstly it was not your fault for the way my dad acted. And secondly there will be no 'us' in the quest to find my mom, only me. And thirdly you're forgiven for doubtin me." Ashton insisted.

"Um, excuse me ladies. But enough of this chit-chat and heart to heart sap nonsense. I have something to ask you about or I will use force if I think you are lying to me, understand?" Sierra asked the two guys. "What kind of cop locks up thier suspects or witnesses and threatens them with what ever? Does Crystal know what you are doing?" Luke mouthed off at Sierra. "Well good thing that I am not a normal cop. And no Crystal doesn't know about this. Plus she doesn't have to. And she thinks that I took the day off for personal stuff. Well this is my personal stuff. Now I am going to ask you some questions about your involvement with Zayn Malik." Sierra concluded. "What do you mean about that you are no ordinary cop?" Luke asked confused. "I think I know what she meant Luke and if so don't push it, ok? Just answer her question about Zayn. I think she is after him." Ashton insisted looking at Luke as to say 'Just follow my lead and shut up about the rest'. "You should really listen to your friend Luke is it? I am still getting to know everyone in town. Ok let's start. How do you guys know Zayn Malik and do you work for him? I saw you guys had a meeting with him last night. What was that about?" Sierra asked. "Well let's see, yes we were at the same club as Zayn last night but it was only because Luke had to tell Michael that he wanted a few days off as we are going on a road trip. And Michael said Luke had to come find out if he could tonight. Zayn was just there drinking. We don't know him really except by what people have said. Maybe he wants to do business here? How should we know? We are not involved in those things. And secondly I am still kinda new to this town as well but at least I have taken time to get to know some people around here." Ashton snapped at Sierra. "Ok but maybe Luke knows more than you think." Sierra said. Just then her phone rang, it was Crystal. "I have to take this outside." Sierra said as she walked out the door.

"Can you please explain what is going on?" Luke asked confused through gritted teeth. "Luke I think Sierra might be a slayer. She has weapons that she put around the corner to 'torture' us, and only slayers walk around with certain things like what is sticking out of that bag. She thinks we work for Zayn so if she finds out anything about who I really am she will use me as bait. The baker was most probably left for us to show our true forms to her as the smell of blood would entice it." Ashton insisted. "So play dumb and play along and then I might just change my mind about you helping to find my mom. I actually like you a lot. Like maybe we could be more than friends." Ashton shyly said. Just then Sierra stormed in and released them. "You guys are just outside town if you walk through the woods you will find town. I have to go thanks to the baker going missing. So much for my day off. And we never saw each others today, ok. You guys were together for the whole day, got it?" Sierra threatened them as she stormed out of the house.

Meanwhile Michael had contacted Crystal and said that he had suspected that Luke and Ashton were earily missing as none of them were answering their phones. Crystal knew something was off when Sierra had contacted her that morning asking for a day off and when she phoned to let her know that they had to find out what happened to the local baker she was upset.

As all of this was going on a newcomer was heading toward town. Someone that the Council had summoned to work in town if Michael liked it or not.