CHAPTER. 6

Damian!

Normal people wake up with warm rays of light strike their face or a heavenly smell of pancake or smell of a sweet morning coffee all over the room but here am, Monday morning shot awake with the earsplitting sound of fire alarm and a strong smell of smoke. I jump from my king size bed noticing the absence of Briar on my bed and in a flash am into the corridor grabbing the fire extinguisher which I didn't care about the class it is and I took stairs two to three at once heading kitchen which the source of smoke was originated.

I put an extinguisher down and my hands on my waist and witnessing the amusing sight ahead of me. This mark the beginning of my second week with Briar.

The kitchen was chaotic. The floor stained with flour and it look sticky, water and yellow stuffs which indicate cooking oil I guess all over, and hodgepodge on the kitchen counter.

Briar pouting with pleading eyes his face covered with flour, his cheeks with sticking wheat flour, with oil, peanut butter over his chest. My white jogging hood covered with wheat flour and sugar brown on it sticking like a glistening decorations, his exposed legs which has flour and his hair dusted with flour.

I stifle a laugh, anger replaced by humor which I found over him. Despite my kitchen wall covered with blackish, sticking wheat flour.

"What were you doing!?" I asked with a chuckle

Briar jumped almost to slip on the oily floor turning around, the blue pools wide in their sockets with pans over his hands. He points at the open oven with smoke and hot plate covered with oil which sticks to its cooling down.

"I was trying to cook a cake" he said cheekily biting his lip at the end.

"Cook a cake!?" I asked raising my brow crossing my arms over my chest

"Oh... no... no, I mean... baking." He said proudly like a genius who got a math problem answer right.

"I see"

He poses pouting seems to be in deep thought and spoke "But I don't know what happened, on YouTube looked easy."

So he thought he can stare at one or two YouTube video and just like that he can be a Chef in an hour? What was he thinking?

"I think I'll start over..."

"No" I shouted cut him off and went to grab his hands which has my pans, my blackish with stain and smelly pans.

"Don't, don't do anything otherwise you'll burn us alive." I stare at him face to face dead on the eyes

"Buts..."

"No buts Briar, I don't see anything related to baking cake there, all I see is that you were trying to make a volcano over my kitchen." I pin pointed.

His lips trembled holding tears to those deep blue orbs of his "I... I was... was trying to make breakfast."

"It's just I don't want you to get hurt okay? It's lucky that you didn't get burn from this but oil, water over electricity is kind of perfect for being electrified" I said taking the pans over his arms putting to the kitchen counter.

Effortless, picking him up and place him on the counter as well still whining and pouting.

"What about you help me clean this kitchen then you tells me about your recipes of the cake you were trying to cook!?" I crock my head to the side smirking

His eyes lit up bouncing over the counter clapping his small hands "yes yes"

I shook my head "He'll be the death of me."