How You Met

(Warning: Mentions of Suicide.  Read at your own risk if this is triggering for you!)

You stared at a lake intensely.  You just wished you would die.  

Your family was slain by demons, and you were the only survivor. 

A family of six was killed instantly, almost silently.  

You began wading the water, to the point it was at your chest.  How cold it was. 

You didn't bother holding your breath as you were completely submerged in the lake.  

You didn't bother putting up a fight as your lungs burned, begging for the oxygen you needed. 

Suddenly, you saw a young man dive into the lake.  His hair was dark as night, and his eyes were blue. 

He took you by the hand and lifted you to the surface.  You took a huge gasp for air upon reaching the surface and began coughing violently. 

The man dragged you back to shore and placed you on the grass.  

"What were you thinking, ma'am?" He asked. "I saw you attempt that."

You froze.  How could you have known that someone was there?

You began to tear up.  The tears blurred your vision.  You thought that you could finally leave this cold world. You began shivering. 

Suddenly, he took off his haori and put it on you. 

"You seem cold," He said.  

"Who are you?  Why are you being so kind to me?" You asked. 

"Giyuu Tomioka." He said his name. 

As you took a closer look at him you noticed he wore the demon slayer uniform.  You noticed his eyes were a deep blue, and almond-shaped.  His hair was messy and stuck out. 

You looked deep into his eyes.  Eyes that knew loneliness and solitude.  Eyes that knew how it felt to lose a loved one. 

"My family was killed by demons.  That's why I attempted to kill myself," you said quietly. 

"I understand how you feel.  However, you cannot die," he said. 

You were confused.  Why would this man save you?  

"You cannot die because you have a purpose, and someday you'll find it." 

You gave him back his haori and then looked at him, "How do I become a demon slayer?" 

As he put his haori back on, he looked back at you, "I'll train you personally."

Your eyes lit up, "Thank you!" You got up and pulled him into a tight hug. 

He hugged back awkwardly.  He wasn't used to physical affection, especially from a woman. 

"We'll travel back to Headquarters.  Stay close to me.  What's your name?" 

"Y/N L/N."