Team Meeting

The banging on Spy's door was enough to already give him a headache. He sat up in his bed and rubbed his eyes. He shot a quick glance at the clock, 7:30 AM. So much for sleeping in, and as the banging continued he knew he would not be going back to sleep soon. Spy let out a low groan and rubbed his eyes. Not a single moment of peace in the base, not even on what is supposed to be their day off. He got up and sat in his chair with his back to the door.

"Go away." He yelled out, he didn't even have to get up to check to know it was Scout. Scout was the only person in the base brave enough to bother Spy in his smoking room. He picked up his cigarette case and pulled one out, attempting to ignore his son behind the door.

What he could not ignore, however, was the sound of multiple voices behind the door. While it was muffled, he could distinctly hear at least three different people outside of his smoking room, possibly more. Now he was sitting in his chair trying not to let his own curiosity get the better of him, forcing himself to be glued in his seat.

Another, far softer, knock could be heard and Spy looked over to the door again.

"Herr Spy?" The German spoke in a calm voice, he knew Spy was already irritated and did not want to annoy him further than Scout's aggressive knocking already did.

If they failed to get Spy's attention before they definitely had it now. Medic is usually in the medbay working on God knows what every day off, yet here he is bright and early, with Scout and at least one other outside his door.

He was so concentrated on the voices outside that he didn't even notice he had yet to light the cigarette in his mouth, he sighed and put it back into his case. His chair groaned in protest as he got up, as well as every muscle in his body. He wanted to just leave each of them outside the door, though he knew this had the possibility to be interesting enough to be worthwhile.

As he approached the door he could make out even more voices than he originally thought, when the door finally opened, seven men were staring at him.

"Ah! Spy! We are all very pleased to see you." Medic was as chipper as he usually was. While the years of late night espionage had made Spy far more of a night owl who liked his beauty sleep, he was almost certain that Medic didn't sleep at all.

"Gentlemen, to what exactly do I owe the pleasure?" He attempted to lace his voice with more venom than usual. Spy at this point was so curious about what almost every member of the team needed from him that opening the door was nearly thrilling, though he made sure none of them knew that.

"Listen, Spy, we really need your help here. We've all got a lil' secret mission for ya'. Oh you'll love it!" He bit his bandaged knuckle to stop himself from speaking anymore. Scout was so excited about this that he was nearly giddy, Heavy put a hand on his shoulder to stop his bouncing in place. Spy simply blinked in surprise, this was no doubt a mission for intel, but what information was valuable enough that each of them wanted it? He stared at each of their faces, it seemed they were all waiting in anticipation for his response.

"What is it?" He finally said, a massive bout of excitement hit the group, Pyro was happily clapping, Demoman and Soldier high fived and even Heavy gave a smirk. Before Spy could get another word in, his arm was grabbed and he was being led down the hallway. Each of the men were talking amongst themselves that he couldn't focus on one person, it didn't help that he wasn't fully woken up yet. If he was being honest, there was so much chaos that he could not even tell who's hand was pulling him.

He was brought to the usual conference room where they discuss mission plans, income and anything else important that puts Scout to sleep. After he was placed into a chair everyone else took their usual seats.