Chapter 13 - Eavesdropping

(*Stealth music intensifies*)

(I'm unbothered to add something)

(*Rage music intensifies*)

(...)

Felicia

I wake up a few hours later. The temperature dropped severely. I check the clock, it's dead. I try turning on one of the lamps. It too, didn't turn on. I am confused at this point. I attempt to turn on the TV on the other end of the room. It was hard though, the remote is not made for hands, or claws, like mine.

When I manage to hit the power button the TV actually turns on. It doesn't show any channels or options. It just stays on a stationary screen reading:

To all personnel of the Armada Industry-- A mandatory shut down has been made to prevent casualties during generator change. All will be back to normal status in approximately-

2:34:12

We apologize for any inconvenience.

The timer is slowly ticking down. Small white text in the top left have the time written out.

4:45pm

I sigh. The freezing temperatures remind me of the night on the mountain. I have never let anyone so close as Colin that night. I do suppose I was the one that forced it. But I was just being a good friend. Right...? Yea. It's colder here though.

Shuffling coming from Colin's room grabs my attention. I stumble out of bed, dealing with a quick wave of dizziness. After momentarily figuring out how to operate the door it slides open. I knock on my friend's door once I get to it.

I hear a small yelp before Colin's grumble rings my ears, "Oh jeez you scared me," he speaks louder, "Yea? Come in."

Upon entering I see clutter scattered around the room.

"Colin what..." I don't know how to finish. It's a mess in here.

"Yea I uh know it looks weird," he explains, "I was just trying to find something that would help with this temperature."

He holds out a hand, "I know it doesn't look like it but I'm freezing. Well, I don't feel like I am but my body clearly tells me otherwise."

Looking closer I see his goosebump covered arm slightly shaking.

I decide to not delay unlike in the cave, "You could just ask for my heat radiating body."

"No..." he sits on his bed, "Doesn't feel right. I don't like using people"

"I insist," I begin, "you remember how much it helped on that mountain and you didn't even need it."

He sighs, "There's no point in arguing with you huh. Fine, beats the cold."

Feeling pleased with myself I curl around Colin.

"I should really ask about emergency supplies next time I see Armada," I hear him grumble before passing out.

...

Colin

I'm storming down the halls at this point. Felicia nervously walking behind me. I grumble to myself about old safety codes in place by the government. The bunker is warmed up at this point.

I try to reason with myself about how I could have died. I end up making myself even more mad.

I see Holt and 2 guards outside the main office. The guards, of which, are playing chess. So immersed in it they don't even realize our approach.