Prologue

[I would like to add I wrote this months ago, so my writing is kinda sucky and really short. The chapters switch to first person after this]

20 years after the battle of hogwarts, and here, standing in the great hall waiting to be sorted where the new wizards of our generation. All of them nervously watching Headmistress Mcgonagall walk towards the sorting hat. It was an exciting day for all, except for one. Joan Demona. A girl making a great effort to stay hidden. Her long dirty blond hair hair, with purple coloring at the tips made her stand out. Her eyes shown a golden brown, that seemed to make her pale skin glow. Joan was pretty, despite her own opinions of herself. She wanted nothing more than to be anywhere else than here.

"Joan Demona" The two words echoed through the halls, making her jump. As she walked to the stool and the Headmistress, she could feel the eyes on her, as if they were burning into her back. Quickly sitting down, the hat was placed atop her head.
"Awe, Joan Demona, I remember your family well. Gryffindors, yes, all brave and strong, but....but you, you're not like the rest. Oh no. You want to protect anyone, everyone, you're willing to sacrifice yourself to save others. But cunning you are, oh yes, as well as clever. You could do great things in any of the houses, but where to put you..hmm..." The sorting had mumbled off. No one said anything, except for Joan.
"Permettez-moi de ne pas être seul" So quiet that only the sorting hat had heard her.
"A hard choice to make, but i will promise you, you can and will not be alone...so it must be...HUFFLEPUFF" The girl rushed to get off the stool and to her table. Not knowing that she going to do great things.