8 ~ Monza

Race Day, Lap 24. Lando was on the undercut strategy. Oscar has just arrived at the pit exit. They reached the braking zone neck and neck. Lando sent a move on the outside of Oscar. Oscar oversteered as he turned into Turn 1. Bang. The papaya McLarens made contact. 

Lando - "What the fuck was he doing?"

Engineer - "Yeah Lando, we're looking."

Lando - "He could have fucked my entire race up! What a fucking idiot!"

Engineer - "Lando, focus up now. Long race ahead."

The chequered flag fell on Monza. Lando 8th. Oscar 12th. The drivers got out of their cars in parc fermé and headed to the scales, not even acknowledging each other.

They arrived back at the McLaren motorhome, covered in sweat from the last two hours.

Oscar - "Lando! I'm sorry."

Lando - "Number 1 rule of Formula 1. Don't hit your teammate!"

Oscar - "The pitwall fucked it! They released me in your race! I was on cold tyres!"

Lando - "No Oscar. Don't blame everyone but yourself. You hit me. You should have backed out! That's what happened. These problems never existed before you got here. We were all harmonious in the paddock before you turn up. You just cause trouble. Why are you even here? You've been mediocre so far this season!"

Oscar - "What the fuck Lando?"

Zak Brown appears out of nowhere behind Lando.

Zak - "Lando, cool off. Oscar, stewards in 10."

Oscar - "What is his fucking issue?"

Zak - "Drop it. End of conversation."

Lando and Oscar stormed off to their individual driver rooms, both cooling off from the heat of their argument and the Italian heat.

Once Oscar had been to the stewards, he made his way to the Williams motorhome.

Oscar - "Hey, is Logan about?"

James - "Yeah, he's in his driver room."

Oscar - "Thanks mate."

Oscar made his way to Logan's room. A sudden wave of unease washed over him. He quietly tapped on the door.

Logan - "Come in."

Oscar opened the door and spotted Logan sat on his massage table with a grin on his face.

Logan - "Hey! How are you?"

Oscar - "I feel like shit. Lando has started being a cunt all of a sudden and I had a shit race."

Logan - "Oh. You wanna talk about it?"

Oscar - "Not much to talk about to be honest. Lando hates me. He has blamed everything on me, saying I just cause trouble."

Logan - "Hey, that's not true."

Oscar - "But it is. Look how much I hurt you."

Logan - "Osc. Love knows no bounds."

A slight smile creeped across Oscar's face.

Logan - "I was hurt for a bit. Maybe it was the shock of it all. But when we didn't speak for weeks, I realised something..."

Oscar - "Huh?"

Logan - "I think I do like you. Maybe I was being crazy when the story got leaked, but now I realise that you are actually an incredible person who didn't mean to hurt me."

Oscar - "Lo, please. I just cause trouble."

Logan - "Can I kiss you?"

Oscar - "Oh, erm... sure-"

Logan's lips gently connected with Oscar's momentarily, before Oscar pulled away.

Logan - "What? Did you not like it?"

Oscar - "No... wait... I did..."

Logan - "What's the matter?"

Oscar - "What am I to you?"

Logan - "Oh... I don't know..."

Oscar - "I don't want to be messed around and I don't want to hurt you again."

Oscar swiftly left the motorhome, returning to his own. He didn't even hear Logan's answer.

As he lay in bed that night, he questioned why he said what he said. He questioned every tiny detail. It was all his fault in his head.