Cursed Soul

"GOJO SATORU HAS DIED!"

She was dancing, like he had asked her to. "Risk your life with me." He had the audacity to request her that, after all the teasing he had put her through their younger years, and even now. He was kneeling , as he took her hands in his, gazing upon her, looking ever so ethereal,
"Utahime, please risk your life with me."

If Utahime hadn't known any better, she would have thought it was a marriage proposal. But they were not... they were not in love, and those seldom flirtatious remarks from Gojo meant nothing to him or her, she knew. They were Jujutsu Sorcerers, doomed to a life of pain and suffering, for the sake of maintaining peace in humanity. And what he asked her, literally meant that.
Yes, she risked her life with him. If he goes down fighting Sukuna, so will she, that was her resolve when she tied those anklets around her feet, ready to dance and to make sure he emerged victorious.

Then, where did it all go wrong? Utahime wondered, with Katsukabe's voice thundered across, as Kashimo now took the central stage. She kept on dancing since she knew Gojo would only be defeated when everyone gave up on fighting against Sukuna. And here, there was still hope. Kashimo, Katsukabe, her students, and Gojo's students...

Blinking back the tears in her eyes, she continued. This time, she'd show that disrespectful brat that she is not weak, just as strong as him. She doesn't care about the red slowly pooling amongst her feet, she doesn't notice the severe pain in her thighs. All she knows is now determination, to prove herself, and to make his dream come true.

"No one deserves their youth to be taken away from them, Utahime." He had once said. It was one of the few serious moments that they shared between them, "So I want to change it all, for my students, for Geto, and Haibara."

She hadn't said anything, keeping her lips shut, not knowing what to say when he got serious with her. It caught her off guard too, when he suddenly said something like that to her (and all she would do was scream at him internally to not talk to her like that, to just tease her and get over it).

"And for you too." He quipped, and she raised her head, staring at him incredulously. His infamous mischievous smile made its way back to his lips, "since you are so weak after all."

"GOJO!"

Utahime hated him. Hated the fact that his one word would make her lose her composer. That his smile would make her frown. That he suddenly left her, without even a goodbye.

"What would I ever do about you, Gojo?"

But then again, it wasn't her place to think all these thoughts, to think about him. This was just another mission, albeit much bigger than ever, and he was just her co-worker, albeit much closer than ever. So why is it that whenever she breathes, her heart hurts so much as if it has been tightly bound, restricting her breathing? Why is it that whenever she exhales, her heart breaks into pieces as if they will never be joined again? Why is it that it keeps on repeating, and she keeps on hurting?

The noise of the fight is fading in the background, and her steps are slowing down. She wonders if Gojo died with any regrets. If he ever had the chance to retrospect, how would he feel that he was defeated? Would he be angry? Knowing him, he probably would. A little cranky even. Maybe he would even praise Sukuna's strength. But Utahime doesn't think Gojo's ego would ever let him accept that.

Gakuganji's music is floating in her subconscious, but it's fainter than when he started. Maybe he has grown tired and is trying to rest his arms a little. Utahime understands him, for he has been playing the biwa as long as she has been dancing. Utahime feels tired too.

But Utahime doesn't stop, not when there is another big blast in the area and not when Katsukabe explains another of Sukuna's cursed techniques. If her students haven't given up, then who was she to do the same?

"Utahime Senpai." Shoko smiled, with a cigarette in her mouth. They had been hanging out in a bar in Tokyo, with Utahime downing glass after glass of alcohol, "You will get too drunk."

"Shoko, I needed this promotion... will I forever remain a second-grade sorcerer?" Utahime likes alcohol. Not because of the taste, but because it lets her be vulnerable in it's guise.

Shoko sighs, patting Utahime's head. To a stranger, it'd seem that Shoko was the older one who was comforting her younger sister. This peaceful moment, however, was broken by a shrill, mocking voice,

"Utahime, you cryin'?"

"I am not crying, you idiot!" She turned towards him, suddenly full of vigor in her movements and her voice, "And respect your elders!"

"No." he smiled, sticking out his tongue at her. He sat down beside her, putting the plastic bag- which had escaped Utahime's notice earlier- on the table.
"I bought you some Kikufiku with mochi- truly a delight. I am such a great kouhai, aren't I?"

"I..." she sniffed, and tried again, "I don't like sweets, idiot," she muttered, but still grabbed the packet and opened it up to eat it.

Belatedly, she realized he hadn't called her weak or made fun of her that day.

She opens her eyes just a bit and is devastated to find the once-bustling town reduced to the debris of tall buildings. However, Utahime had expected just that, since this was the most historic battle fought between the King of Curses and the Jujutsu sorcerer. What she didn't expect was the death of the most powerful. His voice ringing in her ear, which made her eyes twitch and face frown, was nowhere to be found, nowhere to be heard.

"Where are you now, Gojo Satoru?"

Utahime wonders if there is a heaven in which Gojo believed, will she find him there. She muses that the Gods will probably find him too arrogant for their liking. But, if there is a heaven and hell in this God-forsaken world, Utahime wishes that she may find him where he truly belonged.
In Heaven.

She dances and dances for as long as she can, but the voices are now slowly fading, and she feels as if she is losing touch with reality. The noise of war is barely reaching her ears, and she has never been any more grateful. What bothers her is she can't hear Gakuganji's flute, nor can she feel her legs anymore.
Collapsing down in her pool of blood, with Shoko's tensed face in her vision, she closes her eyes.

"Don't worry, I will be fine. I just want some rest." Was what she wanted to tell her, but her words were lost in her throat.

"Utahime senpai!"

She could feel Shoko's warm hands in hers, "Senpai, I will heal you, stay awake!"

"Nonsense," Utahime wondered, she wasn't the one hurt, was she?

A/N
I completely forgot about my Wattpad account 😭