C H A P T E R O N E

She is standing near the doorstep, her eyes red with a mixture of anger and fear. The weight of the knife clings tightly to her little purse, causing her to feel a heightened sense of anxiety. This woman, driven to the edge, has committed a heinous act. She has taken the life of an old man, someone who had preyed on innocent little girls, subjecting them to unspeakable horrors. This vile individual had mercilessly killed these young souls, finding pleasure in their screams and cries for help. In an act of desperate justice, she has chosen to rid the world of this monster, forever silencing his sadistic laughter.

Now that she is standing at her lover's doorstep, a mask of relief covers her face. However, beneath that facade, she is overcome with fear. Her lover is not just anybody; he is a detective working on her goddamn case. As he opens the door, her heart pounds loudly in her chest, the sound echoing in her ears. He stands before her, wearing nothing but sweatpants, adding an unexpected vulnerability to the situation.

Despite Victor's imposing physical presence, she feels suffocated by his gaze. His muscular physique, tanned skin, and veiny arms may be impressive to others, but to her, they only serve as a reminder of his dominance. His face, resembling a Greek sculpture, is chiseled and perfect, yet it fails to evoke any admiration from her. His dark green eyes, usually captivating, now appear cold and distant. Even his blond hair, usually a source of attraction, seems lackluster to her. As he stands tall above her, she can't help but feel diminished and insignificant in his presence. However, internally, she experiences conflicting emotions that contradict her physical reaction to him.

As he smiled, his captivating jawline caught her attention, drawing her gaze towards him. The presence of dimples on his cheeks left her in awe, adding to his charm.Curiosity sparked within him as he noticed her eyes, which appeared red. Taking a step closer, he breathed in and inquired, "Red. Why are your eyes red?"Feeling slightly intimidated by his proximity, she resisted the urge to step back. Instead, she turned around, wrapping her arms around herself protectively. With a hint of vulnerability in her voice, she replied, "Just a nightmare. Nothing else."

He looks at her with intensity in his eyes, captivated by her presence. Without hesitation, he gently wraps his strong, muscular arms around her waist, drawing her closer to him. Surprised by his sudden action, she momentarily freezes, unsure of how to respond. However, the undeniable chemistry between them compels her to surrender to the embrace, and she embraces him back, her arms wrapping around his back.As their bodies press against each other, their connection deepens. They bring their faces close together, their noses touching, creating an intimate and tender moment. Their lips start to brush against each other, a subtle and tantalizing sensation that ignites a spark within them.Unable to resist the growing desire between them, she reciprocates his advances, kissing him back with equal passion. Their lips meld together, their tongues dancing in a slow, sensual rhythm, exploring each other's mouths. The intensity of their kiss deepens, leaving them both breathless and craving more.Reluctantly, after a profound and passionate kiss, he pulls away, but his hand remains firmly clasping her waist, unwilling to let go. The connection they shared lingers in the air, leaving them both longing for the next stolen moment of intimacy.

As she grins at him, her eyes sparkle with a mix of mischief and affection. The words she utters hold a hint of playfulness, as if she's teasing him. "Looks like you made my nightmare a daydream," she says, her voice laced with admiration. His smile widens, revealing a genuine happiness that radiates from within.Releasing his grip on her waist, he takes a step towards the door, silently urging her to follow. Intrigued by his invitation, she nods, her curiosity piqued. As she walks towards him, a sense of anticipation fills the air, overshadowing the remnants of her troubled past.For a moment, she forgets about the chaos she left behind, the mess that once consumed her thoughts. It all fades into the background as she focuses on the present, on the connection she shares with him. The weight of her past mistakes seems to lessen, replaced by a newfound hope and excitement.Unbeknownst to him, hidden deep within her purse, lies a bloodied knife, a haunting reminder of a darker time. It serves as a constant reminder of the secrets she carries, the choices she's made. Yet, in this moment, it remains forgotten, buried beneath layers of anticipation and the promise of a new beginning.