6 - Farmer & Cowboy

Hizashi stood in front of the door to his apartment, grocery bags held in his hands. He didn't really want to go inside and he was contemplating whether he could go back to Midoriya's and talk his way into sleeping on the couch. He sighed and unlocked the door, stepping inside and looking around at the darkened apartment. Hizashi could feel the heaviness in the air as he walked forward to put the groceries in the kitchen, he flicked on the lights as he stepped into the kitchen.

Hizashi dropped onto the couch after forcing himself to put the groceries away and clean up the living room a bit. He pulled out his phone and scrolled through his notifications, most of them were from Nemuri while he was at Midoriya's checking in on him but one made him smile. It was a follow request on his personal Instagram account, one from ZIMOs.ghost and the profile picture was Izuku with skull face paint on. He quickly accepted it and followed Izuku back, Izuku accepted his request almost immediately. Hizashi pressed the message button and typed out a message.

-

Once Hizashi pulled away from the curb Izuku stepped inside, he walked into the kitchen where his mom was washing the dishes from the night and she shooed him away when he tried to help. Instead of leaving the kitchen he unwrapped himself from his blanket and jumped up on the counter across from his mom before wrapping himself up again. (He had learned to take his blanket off before trying to jump on the counter the hard way with many tumbles ending up with him face down on the floor.) 

"So how old is Hizashi?" Inko asked turning around to face Izuku as she dried a plate with a washcloth. 

"Uh, 24, 25 I think, I don't know." Izuku responded pulling the hood of the blanket over his head, "why do you ask?"

"No reason," Inko turned around once again to dry a few more plates before putting them away. "I'm glad you brought him for dinner, he was very sweet, and both of you clearly needed the company." 

Izuku hummed and cuddled deeper into his blanket, he had enough social interaction today, he really wanted to just curl up in his bed and scroll on his phone till he passed out. he wasn't excited for the next day, he had to go to school because he promised Hizashi, he wasn't ready to face his classmates or Katsuki at all. Uraraka had probably already told everyone he was trans, it was going to be middle school all over again. 

"Go get some rest Mijo," Inko murmured cupping Izuku's face, Izuku hadn't even noticed she moved to stand in front of him. Izuku nodded leaning his head into Inko's hand, Inko pressed a kiss to his forehead before moving away letting Izuku hop off the counter and make his way to his room. 

Izuku moved around his room, turning on his TV and Xbox before moving to his bed and burrowing under his mass of blankets. Now that there were no distractions other than video games available, Izuku got sucked into his thoughts. He couldn't help letting his mind run away with hurtful thoughts, he hated it, he felt tears weld up in his eyes as he burrowed under his pillow. Why would Katsuki say that stuff? is that how he really felt about him? Izuku rubbed his eyes aggressively before grabbing his phone out of his pocket and fixing the blankets so no part of his body was visible outside his blankets. 

Maybe he could find a distraction from his mind on his phone, he opened Instagram and scrolled mindlessly for a bit before he got an idea. Searching up Hizashi's name he found a private account with a picture of a music studio as the profile picture, guessing it was who he was looking for he sent a follow request and left it at that deciding to ignore the nagging voices in his by playing his silly little farming game, Stardew Valley. (I am absolutely obsessed with this game tbh.)

After about 30 minutes Izuku decided to check his phone, he had a notification that Hizashi accepted his follow request and had requested his own account too. Izuku smiled and accepted it before doing a little internet stalking, cause who doesn't? He scrolled through the first couple posts on Hizashi's account, frowning when he saw there were still posts with Aizawa which reminded him he also needed to delete all the posts with Katsuki on his own account. Before he could switch to start his mission of deleting everything related to Katsuki on his account a message notification popped up. 

Good evening, Zimo(?) 

Izuku snorted as he opened the message, typing out a response.

Good evening to you too Hizashi.  It's a nickname my online friends gave me, Izuku = Zi Midoriya =Mo It was just gonna be Zim but then my friend misspoke and it stuck. It's nice since my name is already out in the world connected to my hero name.

The cons of being a pro hero :/ 

Well what are you up to Midoriya?

I'm a farmer, I'm taking care of my animals and water my crops of course.

Could I be a cowboy? Randomly showing up for food and stealing the most random items i can find? 

Of course! I'll make sure to make 2 of my meals, one just for your cowboy adventures.

You're to kind, well I should head to sleep, I have many cowboy adventures to do tomorrow. You should do the same.

Buzzkill 😒 I wanna keep playing my game.

You can be a farmer after school tomorrow, I'll be sure to not send homework home. :)

Fine. I guess I'll see you tomorrow. Also you should play Stardew Valley with me if you have a console, we can create a really cool farm! >:) 

Only if you go to bed Farmer.

fine, goodnight Hizashi!

Goodnight Izuku.

---

RAHHH!!! take this losers, I know I've been missing updates but I have more stuff going on and winter depression is setting in like crazy. I'll post the next chapter when I can, promise!