Chapter 19: Darkness Shall Rise

In Ninjago City, the ninja are rebuilding the town

Cole: Ugh, finally. All fixed up and serpentine-free.

Kai: (Tries to use Fire but fails) Aargh. Ugh, this is frustrating.

(The street sign tips over as Anna tries to hold it but is slipping.)

Anna: Guys a little help here (Cole, Jay, and Zane helped her.)

Kai: Our weapons are gone and most of our elemental powers are gone. I mean, we can still do Spinjitzu, but...(Grunts. He tries to use his Fire again, but the only flame coming out was from Zane's blowtorch.) I just feel so, I don't know, limited. And thanks to the Devourer, our tank's out of commission, our Dragon's hurt, and now the Bounty is destroyed, we don't even have a place to sleep.

Zane: No one ever said being a hero is easy. (Takes off his welding mask.) Though our good deeds may never make us rich, they make us rich in other ways.

Kai: Yeah, well, I don't feel rich, the only one of us who can use their powers is Anna, which she can barely control.

Anna: Well I can hear you, and for the record, I can control my powers since I didn't need a golden weapon to use them. So I'm not completely useless unlike some people here. (Kai folded his arms.)

Jay: WelI for one enjoy pitching in. I've always wanted to feel part of a community. Uh, speaking of which, has anyone seen Nya? She said she was gonna help.

(The motorbike arrives with Nya and Wu on it.)

Nya: And I have. I may have found us a place to live.

Jay: Really? But there's a waiting list a mile long to live in Ninjago City. How did you do that?

Nya: I know a guy, who knows a girl, and she knows this girl who knows a guy. Well, this guy knows a girl who's a real estate agent and she can help you find a place, if you catch my drift. (She hands him a pamphlet.)

Anna: And where are you off to?

Wu: We have to find a couple of components to fix the ninja tank. And my dragon ointment has finally arrived. It's a day's trip, but once we get back, he'll be flying again. Also, I love scenic drives. Haha, punch it, Nya!

Nya: Ay ay, Sensei.

Wu: Yee-haw!

Jay: (Reading the pamphlet) "Patty Keys, Real Estate Queen." Huh, this is exactly what we need. Once we get a roof over our heads, we can start properly training Lloyd.

Cole: Good, 'cause if we know Lord Garmadon, he's not going to be taking any breaks. And let's not forget, the Serpentine are still at large. 

Anna: So, we'll have to keep the city safe, Make dealing with this 'Patty', and train Lloyd.

 Kai: Sounds kinda much, if only we could break it down.

Zane: I got it! Anna trains Lloyd while we try will get a roof over our heads.

Anna: Wait, Me!,

Cole: Uh huh. 

Anna: I can't train Lloyd, I'm a kid and he's a kid, and-

Zane: You are also a skilled ninja, perphers Lloyd could learn a thing from you.

Anna: Alright I'll try I guess. (She picks up the welding mask and blowtorch.)