Chapter 20: YOUR FIRED!

-Time Skip-

(At the bank, Cole is sleeping on the job.)

Cole's boss: Everything okay?

Cole: (Wakes up in time.) Aah! Nothing out of the ordinary, boss.

Cole's Boss: Thanks for taking the double shift.

Cole: My pleasure. (His boss heads inside.) And now... (Yawns.) ...for a little more beauty rest. (Snores. Fangtom, Acidicus, and Skalidor tunnel into the bank, setting off the alarms.)

Cole: Aah!

Acidicus: Take it all.

Fangtom: Shouldn't we wait for Skales?

Acidicus: No, you fool. He's carrying out the rest of the mission, remember?

Fangtom: Oh, yeah.

Acidicus: Let's get out of here. (They all grab a bag of money and jump through the hole they came from just as Cole opens the vault door.)

Cole: Huh?

Acidicus: Let's take the subway.

Cole: Subway?

(Meanwhile, a balloon bursts as Kai is working but saw police cars heading toward the bank.)

Kai: Trouble? Sounds like they need me. (He tries to leave, but he is stopped by the mom.)

Mom: Not so fast. I still have you for another hour.

Kai: Uh, but the bank. People are in danger.

Mom: Not until my son is done playing. (She sees that Kai escaped and handed her the balloons.) Huh. You're fired!

_

(Zane is working but overhears his customers talking about the robbery.)

Man: It's true, at the bank. I hear they stole all that money, and no one's doing anything about it.

(Zane accidentally drops eggs on a kid's head. He starts crying.)

Zane: Uh, I'm... I'm sorry.

Zane's Boss: You're fired!

Zane: (His false skin starts falling off, scaring the family) It must be my hard drive overheating. I mean...never mind. I'm going!

_

(Cole is trying to convince his boss to let him keep the job as Kai and Zane arrive.)

Cole: I'll make it up to you, I swear.

Cole's Boss: Hmmm, no. Why don't you go home and get a good night's rest, and go ahead and sleep in. In fact, sleep in all day for all I care, because YOU'RE FIRED!

Kai: (disappointed) Ugh, looks like we're all in the same boat.

Cole: Eh, that's okay. I hated that job anyway. Let's go. They're getting away.

Kai: Which way did they go?

Cole: I overheard them saying something about the subway.

Zane: Good call. Let's go!

All: Ninja, go!

Cole: Has anyone seen Jay?

_