Born to die

Born to die
By: typicallyali

A/N: Hello! This is based on my edit of Georg and Maria on my tiktok to Lana Del Rey's song: Born to Die. Brief summary: What if Georg does get shot by Rolf and leaves Maria to escape with the children? This is quite a sad one but I hope you enjoy!

P.S: I DO NOT OWN TSOM OR ANY CHARACTERS NOR SONGS!

-typicallyali

Boom.

"Georg!" Maria cried as Georg fell to the ground, shot in the chest. She didn't know what to do, she wouldn't know what to do without him. She ran up to his almost dead body, "Please, darling. I can't do this without you!"

"Maria." His voice barely a whisper. "You have to let go"

"I can't, not without you." She cried, slightly shaking his shoulders. "Please don't go."

"Let go."

Let go.

Maria woke up, sweaty. Slowly taking in her surroundings, she realized she wasn't in a bed but lying on a tree trunk. Where was she? Where was Georg?

That's when the memories started rushing in; Georg, Rolf, the mountains. She must've dozed off while monitoring the children, she looked over to the five children sleeping peacefully on the grass. Wait five? Marta, Friedrich, Gretl, Brigitta, Kurt. Where's Liesl and Louisa? That's when she spotted 2 figures sitting on a rock in the corner of her eye, she got up and walked up to them.

"Good morning, mother." They both said in unison, they seemed somber. Well, of course.

"Good morning." She tried to give them a smile, but her lips didn't curl up like they usually do. "How did you rest?"

Liesl simply nodded her head, she didn't know how her mother looked fine after her father passed last night. Maria gave her a slightly a stern look like she did the night she had caught Liesl sneaking into the governess's bedroom room. Liesl shook her head, she hated lying; especially to Maria. Louisa also shook her head.

Oh, those poor dears. They've lost their mother and now their father too, she felt such empathy for them. She knew how it felt to lose both parents, that's how she ended up in the abbey.
"Oh, my dears." Maria said, taking them into her embrace "I know, I know."

"Can we sing My Favorite Things?" Liesl muttered, looking up to Maria.

"Yes, of course we can."

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things
Cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things
Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver-white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things
When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things
Cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things
Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver-white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things
When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad!

After the song, they all simply sobbed at the memory of Georg singing it once with them.

"Mother," Louisa whimpered, pulling away to look at Maria in the eyes. Maria was slightly surprised, she told the children to call her Maria until they were comfortable with calling her mother and they all instantly called her mother besides Louisa. "You won't be like father...when angel mother passed away, right?"

Maria burst into tears instantly at her confession, "Oh, my darling. Of course not!" She hugged the girls tighter.

"Then promise us you won't give up." Liesl mumbled, giving a teary smile to Louisa who nodded her head slightly. "Please."

"I promise," Maria said, smiling as more tears flowed down her cheeks. "I won't."

And she kept her promise, they successfully made it to Switzerland and stayed for a few months. Maria found out she was pregnant with Georg's baby before they went to America.

A few months later, she gave birth to a healthy baby girl named Rosemarie Agathe Von Trapp. Though Georg wasn't physically there to love the little girl, Maria knew that he would be loving her from above.

The end.

A/N: So, that was my first fic! I hope you enjoyed it! I apologize for the poor word choices, english isn't my first language and also I've never written before! Thanks for reading and I'll probably write another TSoM fic in the future sometime!

-typicallyali