Chapter 1 "The new boy in town"

It was late Sunday morning and April was getting ready for church. When all of a sudden her dad calls for her. "April get down here now"! April groans and walks down the stairs not ready to pick another fight with her dad .April walks downstairs and sees her drunk dad on the couch waiting for her to get him another beer.
"Hello dad what can I do for you" April says hiding the edge to her voice.
"Get me a beer" .
"Haven't you had enough dad"?
"What did you just say to me"? Her dad rises from the rocker and slaps her across the face with a "WHACK". April crumbled to the floor in pain holding her cheek.
"Now what are you going to do"? Dad yelled down at her.
April starts crying and walks to kitchen. She has never seen him this bad since her mom ran away from home, he has gotten worse over the years.
April walks into the fridge and grabs him a beer trying to contain herself so she doesn't get yelled at. April walks back to her dad and sets the beer on the table in front of him. "I'm going to my room dad" April says not as a question but as a fact.
Aprils dad grumbles and watched football not caring at all about his daughter. The next day rolls in. April walks to school she feels a little better then yesterday knowing she won't see her dad. April arrives at school fifteen minutes later and walks up to her best friend Alex. Alex had been her best friend for over thirteen years and know that something is wrong .
"What did he do now"? Alex asks with a hint of annoyance towards April's father.
April just shrugs it off and walks inside. April really doesn't want to talk to her about it.
As April enters the school she runs into someone and falls to the floor "I'm so sorry" April exclaims frantically.
The guy turns around and glares. April gets up and apologizes once more and leaves. The guy was on her mind all day. April wondered, Who is he? Where is he from? And why did he glare at me?