Triggering the Darkside

CHAPTER 9

---

After all the events that had happened, I managed to get myself out of bed this morning. I wasn't sure what to do, but last night, I texted Scott and to my surprise, he said he would trigger my inner banshee/seer. I stand up from my bed, and slowly walk my way towards my mirror. I stand in the mirror for a few minutes, just staring at myself. I sigh, and I slightly lift my head up, examining my large bruise across my neck. 

I wasn't sure how to cover this big of a bruise up, or even if I could cover it up. I would have to apply a lot of foundation on my neck. I sigh and make my way towards my desktop where all my makeup was. 

As I curled, and applied mascara onto my eyelashes, I couldn't help but think about Void. What did he mean when he said I will be a valuable asset towards him? What don't I know that made him amused? My most curious question; where is Stiles? 

Once I finished the mascara, I begin to fix my eyebrows a bit, applying eyebrow gel now. I focus extremely hard on my eyebrows, since I feel I always mess them up. 

Ding

The ringtone from my phone makes me jump, causing me to mess up my eyebrow. I grunt in frustration, and toss the eyebrow gel onto the desk before standing up and picking up my phone. 

Scott: 7:28

School is cancelled, Ill 

come over later.

I frown in confusion, I hesitate as my fingers gently graze the screen. Why was school cancelled? Just as I was about to type back to Scott, Daniel storms in my bedroom, holding his phone in his hand.

"Why the hell did you send me this y/n?" He demanded, his face was a little red, he looked a little annoyed. 

"Daniel! What the hell! I could've been changing!" I scream as I walk over to him.

"Sorry, but this text is really weird okay? Can you just stop messing with me for once?" 

I frown, and take his phone out of his hand, staring at the screen. 

Unknown: 7:31

I'll always be there.

My eyebrows knitted together in confusion, I had a knot in my stomach, feeling it tighten everytime I re read this text message. I glance up at Daniel, he just stared at me now, waiting for a reply. 

"Daniel, I didn't send you this. It must be just some prank people were doing or something." I said as calmly as I could, the lie rolling off my tongue as if I was actually telling the truth. 

He rolled his eyes, mumbling something under his breath that I couldn't quite catch as he walked out of my room. I took a sharp breath in, confusion and fear creeping up on me. Half of me was hoping it was just a bunch of kids messing around, but the other half knowing who it truly was. 

I sighed, hoping this would all just go away, but I knew that I should just ignore it and worry about it when Scott comes over. 

I went back to my desk, and quickly finishing up my makeup before choosing an outfit. I peered around the corners of my closet, and I finally chose a pair of green cargo pants and a black crop top, along with some gold jewellery.  

Once I was finished getting ready, I quickly grabbed my phone and went downstairs. I walked around the living room, and jumping onto the couch just as I had unlocked my phone. I stared at Scotts text once more, and I let out a sigh.