Truly, Madly, Deeply [Final]

Chapter 1

Final

I was at the park finishing my sketch of the whole park, the park where my boyfriend and I first met and where we would often spend our time together during our free schedule. I'm planning to give this to him for our 5th Anniversary together, which will be a few days from now. It took me a lot of effort to hide this portrait from him, I've started with this sketch for a very long time, and to be honest, I never imagined that we would ever end up being in a relationship for 5 years. As I was adding the final details to piece my phone suddenly rang, I was immediately felt giddy like a school girl being called by her crush as I saw the name of the caller. It was the love of my life, Zayn.

"Hi babe." I cooed on the phone.

"Hey Brie." The tone of his voice left a crack on my giddiness, he didn't sound like his usual self and I honestly felt that something was wrong.

"Hey, what's wrong? Why do you sound so different?" My worriedness became evident through my voice and the eerie of our conversation changed.

"Well, I have to tell you something important..." He sounded very serious, not the usual Zayn who would mess around teasing me with his crazy accent and have never ending quirky remarks about the world.

"W-what is it?" I stuttered, the palm of my hand was starting to sweat. I felt nervous.

"I-... We've been together for almost 5 years. We both know that as we grew together our love became stronger, our passion for this relationship was burning. We even get complimented about how we were able to stay together for so long, seeing that I'm not the best man the world could've ever given to you before we even met." He chuckled.

"We've been through thick and thin facing countless problems together, but in the end, we handle it with ease and maturity. And through that we have never failed to cherish each other, not only a hundred or thousands of times have we shared 'I love you's'. Whenever I look back, I will always remember the first time we ever met at the park, when you accidentally ran over me with your bike. The most unlikely way for a love story to even start. It was crazy how all the pain disappeared when I looked into your eyes, and it has always been that way after the day we met. One look at you and like magic everything feels all right again." He paused again letting out a small laugh. A tear fell from my eye as he stopped talking. A part of me wanted to make a cheesy comment about what he just said and how he made me feel nervous at the tone of his voice, but something told me to stop and that there was more things coming. He let out a deep sigh before speaking again.

"Brie, you know I love you so much right?" He stopped for a moment and took a deep breath.

"But..." He said before I could even answer his question.

"For the past few months everything just collapsed. Everything wasn't turning out the way they're supposed to. Before I was confident enough to say that we could get through this, but this time... This time it's different... Brie, I'm tired. Something's changed, something big has changed. I just don't feel the same way anymore. Yeah, I know how much of an asshole I sound right now, but honestly, I would rather say this now rather than hurt you even more. You know I never liked seeing you get hurt and I feel like a total hypocrite right now for being the reason why you're hurt... But I have to do this. I want you to move on, I want the both of us to move on. Maybe we've been together for so long the right people for us have already slipped from our grasp. Babe... Brie, I'm sorry... I'm breaking up with you. Goodbye." And with that last line the call was ended, leaving me dumbfounded and drowning in my own tears. I sat on the bench broken and trying to find the right pieces to the puzzle clouding my mind. I didn't know what got into me when I screamed, earning the malicious glares from the people around the park.