•Chapter IX (2)•

IX. Chances

I grabbed a pen and started writing on the paper. I then submitted the paper for sending.

Minutes later, it was his funeral. I hate it. I do not want to see his body. I do nit want to remember the fact that he is dead. I do not like the fact that I will never see him again.

Walking through the halls, I remember when my father bought him a bicycle. I had to chase him around just to catch Alex to eat dinner. I was tired! But at least he had fun, right?

Was I a good sister to him? I hope I was. I barely even said that I love him. Those feel foreign, but... Deeply, I really do love him.

Sprinting behind me, Prime Minister Delphine, yelled my name to grab my attention.

"Princess Arabella!"

I turned around from the sudden yell. I tilted my head to the left and asked... "Prime Minister... What is it you need?"

"You are wanted in the grand hall immediately."

"Got it."

I swiftly walked towards the grand hall.

In the weird and random law of Lumiere... All royals must be buried in the room they were born in. It was created by the third Denouement queen to let Lumiere's royal duke be buried under the sea floors out of hate.

Long story, short; Henley Algernon, second duke of Soleil, was found dead by poison. The poisoning was ordered by Queen Helena II.

Fun fact: The country Denouement was created by literal assassins so they were known to teach poison to their children and passed it on.

So, obviously, my brother was born in the grand hall, which he will be buried under the floors. It feels weird that we will be standing on his body as me and Julian gets married. There is a high chance me and Bane will be married. I will give up everything for it. After my brother being buried, I want to ask him...

-

Astrapi (Capital of Vronti)

"Father..." Bane said as he entered.

"What do you need?" Eleanor questioned.

"I was not talking to you." He rolled his eyes in annoyance. He did not like the idea of his father marrying someone who is not his mother.

"You were... Just now."

"I meant earlier."

"Alright, stop... No fighting." Finally, his father butted in. Good thing he spoke, because if he did not... The crowd will hear another murder.

"Arabella sent me a telegram."

"What did she say?"

"His father... His father found out that Caesar did kill Alexander. Not me."

"Well, good for you!" Eleanor exclaimed.

"Does it mean that I still get to marry her?"

-

Arriving at Denouement, when Caesar immediately stepped down from his cab, his butler was there.

"Daniel, do you have paper and a pen?"

"No?" The butler said as he was curious of what is happening.

"Then go get one!" Caesar yelled. Hey, he is mean
Though it was not surprising, honestly.

Caesar was just standing there, waiting... Daniel, the butler, came running back down the stairs of the palace.

"I am back, Your Royal Highness."

"Now, write down what I say..."

"Of course, Your Royal Highness."

Caesar took a deep breath and started blurting.

"I, Prince Caesar Declan Denouement, declares that starting this day... Princess Arabella of Lumiere shall never marry anyone else but me."

"Sir..."

Caesar looked to him instantly...

"What?!" He yelled.

"That is against the law."

"Well, I make the laws! So?" Caesar did had a good point there.

"Your Royal Highness, your father does... You may only create a law when you are the king, not prince. Unless if you have the current sovereign ruler of this coruler's permission."

"I hate laws..." He whispered.

-

Sitting at the ceremony, it was the same. People giving out speeches about Alexander. I wonder if my paper to Bane and Stella ever reached to them?

Someone sat beside me on my right... I could hear it. I would not bother looking. Why would I? I need to give all my focus towards my deceased brother. Until that person tapped on my shoulder...

"Bella." Hey, it was a familiar voice. I am really busy listening to their speech but it interrupted me.

I turned my head and saw that it was Solomon. Why is he here? After making fun of Bane's age, he will be making fun of Alexander's death, too?

"We need to talk." What does he want to talk about?

"We better." I said with a cold tone.

Camilla is not present. Why?

"Look, I am sorry about what happened between me and Prince Bane."

"So?"

"Caesar..." He said, "He threatened me and talked about the Kings' Court Law and such. I do not want to lose my position as a duke."

"So he forced you?" I said as  I can feel my anger again. I cannot control my feelings.

"Do I have to repeat myself, Bella?"

"No." I said as I pout.

"Of course he did!"