Farewell

Characters: Salazar Slytherin, Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw.
Blurb: Godric and Salazar have a major disagreement on the subject of letting in muggle borns to Hogwarts. Salazar leaves the school.
A/N: Ya'll here's a bit of angst😭 Don't worry, not all the one-shots will end unhappily-

A tall man with grey eyes gracefully stood up from where he had been sitting and glared fiercely at his 'friend'.

His friend was a brave man. When one was usually glared at by the man with the cool grey eyes, they would back down immediately.

Instead, his friend glared back at him just as fiercely and sighed. "Salazar, my dear friend, be reasonable. The muggle borns are just as equal as the pure blooded, we can not refuse them simply because of your prejudice."

Salazar growled and replied, "Listen to me Godric. The mudbl-muggle borns will tell the muggles about us and we shall all be destroyed. Every last one of us will be killed. Do you WANT us all to be slaughtered?!"

"You're being unreasonable Salazar. The muggles borns need education as much as pure bloods do, and if they are not educated then your fears will become true and they will tell the muggles. Yet what would the muggles do? My friend, not all muggles are evil."

"There are other schools for them to gain an education." Salazar grumbled annoyedly, "They do not need to come here and infect our school with their dirty blood."

Godric sighed and stood up to meet Salazars eyes. "No one is of 'dirty blood' Salazar, without the muggle borns where will our purebloods find love during their time at Hogwarts?"

Salazar scoffed, "The purebloods will not think to marry mudbloods. Is this your argument Godric? Your only reason you want muggle borns to be allowed in Hogwarts is for students to find love? Might I remind you Godric, Hogwarts is a school not a nightclub."

"That is not my full argument Salazar, you are missing the point. Muggleborns have blood just as pure as ours. They all have magic just as we do, and we should teach them to control it." Godric said exasperatedly.

" 'Blood as pure as ours'? The insolence Godric! Their blood would never be as pure as ours. Their blood has been dirtied by the filthy blood of muggles! And you dare say they have 'Blood as pure as ours'?!"

"Please Salazar? Just let them in for maybe a few months and we'll have this conversation again then alright?" Godric pleaded, tired of arguing.

Salazar looked at him thoughtfully for a few seconds and nodded with the air of reluctance. "Alright, only to prove that they would never be as powerful as pureblooded wizards and witched. On one condition."

Godric nodded, "And the condition is?"

"They shall never be allowed in the Slytherin house. I do not care if they have the qualities of a Slytherin. They will not be sorted into my house. Understood?"

Godric nodded and finally sat back down, visibly relaxing from his tense position from before.

Salazar looked down at him with a slight smirk of amusement, "I do not believe that such a brave man should relax so carefreely in front of the person he just had an argument with."

"Shut up Sal." Godric glared half-heartedly at him and smiled faintly.

Salazar sat back down gracefully, the sort of skill Godric had always admired about Salazar.

Salazar smirked at Godric again and imitated his voice, "Gryffindor where dwells the brave at heart!"

"I said shut up." Godric grumbled and punched Salazar lightly on the shoulder.