Chapter 2 ~ The Beginning of the End

🖤

Words:-2400+

Words:-2400+

____________________________

As Raha returned to her college campus, little did she know that her world was about to be turned upside down. Her stepmother, Riddhi, confronted her with a revelation that would send shockwaves through her life.

Riddhi's words were like an unexpected storm: "You are getting married next week."

Raha stood there, frozen, her mind racing, and her heart pounding as she grappled with the abruptness of it all. She was utterly shocked and didn't know how to react.

Tears welled up in her eyes, her voice quivering as she pleaded, "Why, Mom? I'm just 19, and I want to complete my studies."

Riddhi, in a tone devoid of emotion, replied, "I'm not asking you, Raha. It's an order."

The weight of Riddhi's command hung heavily in the air, and Raha was finding it increasingly difficult to process the reality of what was unfolding.

In a voice choked with emotion, Raha voiced her resistance once more, "No, I don't want this marriage."

Riddhi's response was unexpected, as if revealing her own reluctance. "Even I don't want you to marry into a wealthy family. But, Raha, as I have no daughters of my own, you are the only option."

Raha was left in a state of shock and confusion, struggling to comprehend the magnitude of the decision that had just been imposed upon her. The weight of familial expectations and societal norms bore down on her, leaving her emotionally torn and vulnerable. It was a moment of heart-wrenching revelation, and Raha was at a loss for words as she tried to digest the enormity of her circumstances.

Riddhi's tone grew colder as she issued a stern warning to Raha.
"If Siddharth and his parents inquire about your readiness for this marriage, you will say 'yes' with a smile. You are not to utter 'no' or defy my instructions in any way." Her words held a cruel, unwavering authority.

Raha, her emotions in turmoil, was left utterly shattered by the weight of her stepmother's command. She wanted nothing more than to retreat from the cruel world that surrounded her. Her tears flowed freely as she sought refuge in her room, the only sanctuary left to her. It was a place where she could weep in solitude and grapple with the overwhelming reality that had suddenly taken hold of her life.

Locked in her room, Raha felt a tidal wave of emotions crashing down upon her. In the solitude of that moment, she let her thoughts flow:

Raha's pov__

"I'm shattered right now. It feels like life has never been fair to me. God seemed to take my mother from me when I was just six years old. Then, my father married another woman, and she treated me terribly. I was nothing more than a burden to her. She never showed me any love, and I endured it all in silence. Complaining to my dad would have been futile; I knew that.