Poison

You're precious, a treasure close to my heart. Where would I be if our fates never intertwined? I would be alone deep in my despair without any memories to live by; broken and unchanged...But still I'm ruled by a forbidden love that is breaking my mind and tearing my heart apart.

The night was beautiful like everything we'd ever hope for. A beauty you were, dressed down for a night full of love...but yet your white button down shirt was stained with crimson. And yet, the only thing keeping me from completely falling apart was your hand brushing my cheek as you begin telling me repeatedly, "it'll be ok, it'll be all ok."

Still my tears fell on your fragile pale cheeks, "how can you say that?" I croaked out as I touched your cheek and ran my fingers through your hair.

Your hand caressed mine as you lead it over to your glasses, "I...want to show you...b...before I die."

I became angered by your poisoned words, "no, don't say that, you'll be fine," however I knew deep in my heart you only had moments to live. And I...couldn't do anything about it.

"K...Kat please it's my dying wish..., my only wish." You removed your hands from mine as you groaned in pain.

I bite my lip and nod slightly as I began to remove the shades that had covered the door to your soul for so long. Then the heart stopping moment took place within me. I whimpered seeing the beauty of your red ruby eyes, "D...Dave," I gasped, "They're b...beautiful."

You gave me a weak grin as you grew weaker, "I'm happy...that someone thinks so," you reached up to wipe my tears and as you do you whispered, "I...love you fucker" You lightly smirked and slowly began to close your eyes falling limply in a wakeless sleep in my arms.

And when I hugged you close in my arms and I kissed your cold lips(never wanting to let you go), I realized, that whether our paths had crossed or not the end would be as distasteful, poisoned and evil either way, and the darkness would have forever swallowed me up into nothing but what could have been. And, that is just how it ended.