The orphan girl.

~~~

Y/n's father left to go stroll the town again, looking for some bread to buy. This time he decided to bring his little girl, Y/n.

"Good day, Cedric! How's the family?" A merchant greeted him. "Fine, fine. Vada won't leave me alone about the encounter with you know who.." Cedric replied.

"Ah, that's women for you." The merchant paused before he bended down to Y/n's height.

"Hiya, squirt. How's it goin' to ya?" He said with a jolly tune. "Story, story!" Y/n smiled. The merchant always told Y/n stories from when he would go on adventures through the sky on his ship.

"Hey, she knows what she wants! Good quality to have lass, don't lose it." He voiced with a playful wink, which caused young Y/n to start giggling. Cedric placed Y/n on the merchants knee, letting him hold her.

He then leaned on a pillar next to them, listening in to the conversation with a soft grin on his face.

"Once upon a time, on the clearest of nights, when the winds of the Etherium were calm and peaceful," He started, using his hands to make big motions. Little Y/n bounced up and down on his knee from kicking her legs back and forth so hard, laughing giddily. "the great merchant ships, with their cargoes of Arcturian solar crystals, felt safe and secure."

"Oh, no. They were not!" Y/n shouted with a giggle, shaking her little head no. He hair bounced back and forth, getting in her face. The merchant man laughed, brushed the hair out of her face, and continued the story.

"Little did they suspect that they were pursued by-" "Pirates!!" Y/n cut him off, jumping off his lap and exclaiming excitedly. "Let him finish the story, star." Her father chuckled. Y/n sat back down on the merchants knee and sat as straight as she could, waiting eagerly for the next part of the story, her little legs dangling back and forth.

The merchant continued his story, "And the most feared of all these pirates was the notorious Captain Nathaniel Flint." The merchant placed a pirate hat on Y/n's head as he spoke, making Y/n even happier.

He was about to resume, when suddenly a large crowd of people screamed in fear.

"What's going on?!" Cedric quickly rose from his resting spot, scouting out the area with his eyes. His eyes darted from one place to another, but froze in place when he locked eyes with the leader of a group of pirates. He quickly grabbed both the merchant and his daughter and shoved them behind the merchant stall.

"Maverick, take Y/n and go! Find somewhere to hide, but keep my daughter safe." Cedric whispered to the two as he grabbed a random weapon from the merchants stand.

"But Cedric, you'll die out there, come with us!" Maverick spoke. "They're after me, I can't risk him hurting my family." Cedric sighed in sorrow, and glumly, but quickly, walked over to his daughter.

"Y/n? Y/n, honey, look at me." Y/n's big, e/c, round eyes looked up at her father in confusion. "Daddy, what's going on? Who are they?" She asked, pointing her little finger at the group of pirates trampling through the town. "WHERE IS HE?!" One of them exclaimed.

"Those are pirates, star." Her father said, tearing up. "Really?! Is it Captain Flint?!" She asked hopefully, looking between Maverick and her father. Her father let out a choked chuckle, coughing on his tears. "No, honey. But they're bad, bad people, okay?"