1 - One more betrayal

Gojo Satoru doesn't commit to people.

He was a busy man with a shit ton of work to tend to- what with exorcising curses and being the strongest and all.

Specifically, Gojo never committed to relationships. He couldn't see himself with a partner, much less in a permanent relationship.

For one, his enemies could use his partner as bait; he didn't need any weaknesses, nor anyone else standing in his way just because he had to consider their safety. He had enough of that responsibility for the kids he tended to at Jujutsu High.

And two, as bratty and self-centered as he came off at times, Gojo didn't want the person who fell in love with him to suffer too. He didn't want them to feel neglected from the obvious lack of effort that would inevitably come from his busy schedule. He couldn't fathom making time for anyone romantically.

And so he made a deal with his heart that together, they would be devoted to being the strongest jujutsu sorcerer and reforming the order to the end of his days. Staying preoccupied, though not always effective in combating loneliness, was a foolproof way to keep his feelings in check.

So when he sees you walk into that café like you do every Sunday, his silly heart does that stupid thing that feels like a fish flip flopping inside. And like he does every Sunday, against his natural preservation skills and common sense, he walks over to you when you struggle to order in Japanese, tilts his sunglasses down so your eyes meet his and then helps you place your boba tea order with a cheeky grin.

And again, like every Sunday before, you bow your head and politely thank him; except this time, something is different about you. Gojo realises with a slight jolt that something is different about him, too.

And if the way your polite smile is now changed because of the simple deep blush scattered on you cheeks, then maybe- maybe- He could be different too and let this frantic galloping heart of his commit to whatever this feeling was this one time.

Gojo Satoru had been betrayed before. He realises with a helpless smile that he would be betrayed once again... by his own heart this time, as it breaks its deal with him and willingly hurtles head first for you.

A/N: Don’t forget to vote and comment, loves <3