Chapter 1: The Veil Is Secure

Characters:
Gojo Satoru

Characters:Gojo Satoru

Geto Suguru

Reiki Kurai

Chapter 1

The twilight settled over Tokyo, casting long shadows that danced across the cityscape. Among the bustling streets and neon signs, Reiki moved with an uncanny grace, her obsidian eyes fixed on the imposing gates of Jujutsu High. Reiki stood there, at the threshold of the school, the weight of her decision pressing against her chest. The gates loomed before her, a portal into a world she had long avoided. She took a steadying breath, fingers curling around the strap of her bag, and stepped forward.

Reiki, a girl of 17, was a paradox of bloodlines. Half curse, half human, her existence was a forbidden secret, a living anomaly in a world of sorcery. Her ebony hair cascaded like a waterfall of ink, framing a face marked by a quiet resolve. Her pulse quickened as she crossed the threshold, leaving the world she knew behind.

She had spent her life mastering the art of concealment, honing her abilities in solitude. A self-imposed exile, she had learned to shroud her curse energy, to become invisible to the senses of even the most skilled sorcerers. For her, survival meant staying hidden, avoiding the piercing gaze of those who sought her destruction.

The echoes of her footsteps resonated through the corridor, a cadence of determination. Each step carried her further from the shadows of her past and deeper into the heart of a new beginning. The murmurs of students, the distant shuffle of papers, were a symphony of life that enveloped her.

With every glance, she measured the faces around her, scrutinizing for any hint of recognition or suspicion. Her eyes, sharp and unyielding, scanned the crowd, seeking out the slightest flicker of intent. But to them, she was just another student, another newcomer navigating the labyrinth of high school.

Reiki's heart raced, a blend of trepidation and defiance coursing through her veins. She was no stranger to fear, no stranger to the ceaseless pursuit of those who sought to extinguish her existence. But here, amidst these hallowed halls, she was an enigma, a secret wrapped in the guise of normalcy.

The scent of aged wood and ink permeated the air as she entered the main hall. Banners bearing the school's emblem hung proudly, a symbol of the legacy she was about to become a part of. As she walked, Reiki's gaze fell upon the faces of her fellow students. They chatted, laughed, their voices blending into a chorus of youthful exuberance. She couldn't help but wonder about the lives they led, the battles they fought against the encroaching darkness. It was a world she had never truly understood, a world that had taken so much from her.

The anonymous letter, carefully folded and hidden away, burned in her pocket. It had been a revelation, a key that had unlocked the door to this new chapter of her life. The writer had known her secret, known the dichotomy that defined her existence. It was a connection, a beckoning to a place where answers might be found.

Her fingers traced the edge of the letter, the paper worn and creased. It was a beacon of both hope and a probable threat, a promise of knowledge or a promise of revenge that called out to her restless soul. Reiki's gaze hardened, determination crystallising within her.

She had come here not out of blind trust, but out of a seething hatred. Hatred for the curse world that had given birth to her, and hatred for the sorcerer world that sought to erase her. She was a living testament to their failure, a reminder of their limitations. And now, she stood poised to turn the tables, to master the very essence that defined her.

She would find the one that wrote the letter. She would find herself.