➤ the pirates are coming

𝐀𝐒𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐒 glad a Marine was here, specifically Koby. Though, he wasn't alone. That blonde male with the bad haircut was there, along with two Marines who held guns. Asa and Usopp didn't waste any time and both explained everything that had previously happened to them all at a fast pace.

"So this pirate butler, he killed your friend's lawyer and he's threatening to kill your friend?" Koby restated in a worried voice.

"My best friend, Kaya. He's up to something."

"Who pretends to be a butler, anyways?" Asa gritted his teeth as they walked through the village.

"You're not actually buying any of this, are you?" Helmeppo asked Koby, unamused at the current situation.

"Why would we make stuff like this up, Mushroom hair?" Asa gave him a quick glare.

"Yeah! Klahadore's a pirate. No, sorry. Kuro." Usopp added in a pleading voice. "His name is Captain Kuro!"

"Ha!" Helmeppo laughed. "Now I know you're lying. Captain Kuro of the Black Cat Pirates?"

"Yes. Long claws, tiny glasses."

The mushroom-styled man shook his head. "Impossible. My father, Axe-Hand Morgan, killed him years ago. Any Marine worth their salt knows that." He directed that last sentence to Koby.

"Well, clearly there's more to the story. You have two witnesses who just saw him!" Asa tried to argue, but Helmeppo wasn't listening anymore.

"No closer to finding Straw Hat than we were hours ago."

"Straw Hat...? You mean, Luffy?" Usopp questioned.

"Wait, you know Luffy?" Koby's eyes widened.

"Yeah. My other, other, other best friend."

"He's in trouble, Koby." Asa's eyes sparkled with worry and fear. "They all are."

Koby gulped, avoiding all of the blonde male's glances towards him. Clearing his throat, he spoke again. "Luffy's at the place?"

"Yes! Aren't you listening to us?!" Usopp exclaimed. "Someone has to stop Kuro. I can't do it by myself."

"It's okay." Koby quickly reassured him. "We're here to help." Koby snapped his head to Helmeppo. "Isn't that right?"

"Well, yes." Helmeppo sarcastically said. "By all means. Lead the way."

Usopp and Asa pushed past him and led the way back to Kaya's mansion. When they arrived to, Helmeppo and Koby walked forward and the latter rang the doorbell. It was loud and eerie, sending shivers down Asa's spine.

It didn't take long for someone to open the door and Asa felt himself immediately glaring at Kuro who only held a small smile.

"Marines?" Kuro's brows twitched slightly in "confusion." "Whatever could be the matter at this time of night?"

"Sorry to bother you at such a late hour," Koby was first to speak. "but we heard reports of pirates in the area."

"What?" Usopp frowned. "What are you talking about? He is a pirate! He murdered Merry! Arrest him. What are you waiting for?"