The First Born

Ashley and her brother Andrew were lounging around their run down apartment, hungry as they exhausted their last source lf food which was a can of tomatoes. I decided to visit them as I were concerned, weary of the pandemic..

Andrew:”Someone is at the door…”

Ashley:”Hard to believe..”

Andrew:”Just get it-“

Me:"El-hello-o"

[The duo turned to face me as I enter, eyes filled with anticipation, and worry..]

Andrew:”Did you have the stuff..?”

Ashley:”Is it food..?”

[As I entered the door, the lights flickered, casting eerie shadows across the room.]

Me:"Hello Ashley and Andrew you must be wandering who I am right?"

[The siblings, quickly glancing at each other, their expressions were blanked.. Unsure of what they were expecting..]

Andrew:”….Yeah.”

Ashley:”Are you a warden..?”

Me:"No"

Andrew: “Then..then….”

Ashley:”Who are you..?”

Me:"I have been given many titles in my life. But the most infamous of them all is The Executioner. You, Andrew and Ashley, have taken four lives according to the state's count, but I claim five for my own."

Andrew:”…”

Ashley:”Is…is this a joke sir..?”

Me:" Don't try to fool me, you two. I know how it goes. You deny it, then blame someone else. It's always the same song.  I know guys have eaten people now recently I know you like the taste of human flesh especially you Ashley because you two are just like me."

Andrew:”..Sir..we are just two people trying to survive..”

Ashley:”How can you be sure we ate…human flesh..?”

Me:"Because I am your ancestor and you two are my descendants."

[Andrew and Ashley were utterly confused as they were slightly mortified..]

Andrew:”What.??”

Ashley:”What..”

Me:"Yes the reason you guys like to eat human flesh is basically you gained that trait from me"

Andrew:”Then tell me, how are you related to us?!”

Me:"I'm just am"

[The duo just simply shook their heads in disbelief, Andrew was skeptical, and Ashley too, but they also believed it..]

Andrew:”So..we are related by blood..”

Ashley:”To a murderer..?”

Me:"Yes and that's not even half of it so listen closely, my descendants, as I tell you about a time long forgotten. Our blood, the blood that flows in your veins, is a product of an ancient order. One that worshipped Huitzilopochtli, the Sun God who demanded bloodshed and sacrifice. You two are descendants of a cult that practiced human sacrifice in his name. A cult that believed in the importance of cannibalism to appease Huitzilopochtli. We are a bloodline steeped in bloodshed and the offerings of the conquered."

Andrew:”..Our ancestors have been doing that since way back, then..”

Ashley:”..So that’s where it all stems from..”