Mysterious Horrors ;; 000

⇢ satan was laying on his bed, a book in his hands and a cup of warm tea on his bedside table.

Everything was quiet and calm, which was a rare thing in the House of Lamentation, so Satan was going to use this time to relax before any of his brothers interrupted his quiet time.

Unfortunately though, there was a knock on the door. Satan thought it was one of his brothers who knocked (which was odd considering they usually didn't, but maybe they wanted to play a prank on him?), he steeled himself before cautiously opening the door.

Sighing in relief, he looked at the brown box laying at the foot of his door. He looked around to see who put it there but to no avail. He picked the box up and brought it inside his room after careful consideration.

Once he had closed the door and was sitting on his bed did he look closer at the box. It was an ordinary one, nothing about it looked off, but that was exactly why Satan was gonna take precaution.

He cut the tape that was taping the box closed and opened the flaps, preparing himself if there was a bomb or a curse in there, but nothing came. Looking inside, there was a console.

Satan sighed, this was probably something Leviathan ordered. He must be looking for it, and while Satan knew he should've returned the box to his brother, he didn't. There was something stopping him, a certain pull, a hint of curiosity.

Satan picked up the console, a Nintendo, Satan recognized, a console that was from the human world.

He booted the console up, unlocking it by pressing a random button on it. There was only one game downloaded: Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair. Satan clicked on it, opening the game up.

The game loaded, the starting screen popping up. Satan clicked start, and the game started to load. After a few minutes, the game crashed and Satan angrily huffed.

He put the console back in the box, closing it up and putting it under his bed, deciding that he'd give it back to Levi the next day.

He got ready for bed, finishing the rest of his tea, which was lukewarm now, and laying down on his bed, the sheets wrapped around him. Usually he would stay up late reading, but he needed to calm down, and a good rest would help. He closed his eyes and drifted to sleep, unaware of the console under his bed, booting up, the game loading and a black bear popping up, laughing, as if it knew about what was to come.

Oh, Satan... When will you learn that curiosity killed the cat?

 When will you learn that curiosity killed the cat?

[ @anxiousdetective ]