Chapter 20

On the other side chaeyoung too swung her sword intensely

On the other side chaeyoung too swung her sword intensely.She parried off one attack from the left and pushed her sword viciously into the man's shoulder. The man screamed in pain as she pushed him off the blade with his left hand. Slowly, but surely, the attackers were being worn out. They were suffering too many injuries to seriously carry on the assault for long.Suddenly a giant of a man ran in from behind the trees carrying swords in both hands. The man was cloaked in a black hooded robe from head to toe while his face was hidden by a black mask, shaped exactly like a human face. The only visible parts of his body were his large impassive almond-shaped eyes and strong fleshy hands. He charged upon chaeyoung and the Jungkook as he barked an order to his men.

Because of Jungkook surrounded by all remaining soldiers chaeyoung forced to duel against giant which was more than she could handle herself. As a matter of fact she got frightened watching such a gigantic person.She had never met any man with that much mass in entire life.Even emperor Jungkook too seemed small comparing to him.While trying block his attacks she came into sense that her strength had been draining and soon she couldn't hold off him much longer. She'd thought she was going to die. Though she had spent many years learning to wield a sword, no straw opponent could have prepared her for true fighting. But she had never been as frightened as today, too weary to save her life, waiting for the strike of someone's cold blade to cut through her flesh. Then he came.

After killing almost quarter of the soldiers by single handedly Jungkook came to aid chaeyoung, in that split second he reached her side with drawing her behind his back sensing she can't stand against that gigantic figure much longer.Because his enemy was too large to battle with agility. But he compensated for his slow pace with his unusually skilled arms.

Jungkook, with frightening speed lunged forward and banged against the charging hooded figure.He skillfully seized both of giant's arms and pushing him back with all his force.It was clear to see Jungkook's stength and arm speed surprised the giant. Admiration pierced into chaeyoung's veins on the other side fathoming he is fighting bravely to protect her.The hooded figure clearly began to loose in his fight against emperor.She registered from the corner of her eye that the other attackers were picking up the injured and withdrawing. Even then the hooded figure was fighting a brilliant rearguard action as his men retreated.

However the giant gradually understood that man to whom he is dueling with is not an ordinary warrior.His moves reminded him of Assassins because those skills were unlike he had seen anything in his enite life.The giant could grasp Jungkook's intention of capturing him alive.

After testing enemy's strength and weakness Jungkook realised that the man's hood would impair his side vision. That was a weakness that could be exploited. Moving to the left, he swung ferociously, hoping to peg him back so that the chaeyoung could finish the job from the other side. But his opponent was up to the challenge. As he stepped slightly back, he deflected Jungkook's swing with a deft move of his right hand. Regaining courage chaeyoung too decide to help Jungkook so that the giant pushed back a brutal flanking attack from the her with his left hand. All of a sudden the hooded figure disengaged from the battle and stepped back. He began to tread backwards as he continued to point both his swords ahead, one at Jungkook and the other at the chaeyoung. His men had all disappeared into the tree.