Orientation Day

A freshman's alarm sets off and abruptly awaken a young boy. With frizzy orange hair the boy groans and sits up. "What time is it?", the boy thinks to himself. His clock reads 5:03 AM. Today is his first official day of high school at Sunman Academy. He throws his covers off of him and walks into his bathroom and stares into the mirror. He gazes at his own orange curly hair, and bright blue eyes. His eyes travel his reflection revealing his freckled shirtless body, revealing more freckles. His name is Daniel, he is 15 years old, and his goal is to simply get through high school with the best mentality possible. He removes his shorts, showing of scars from his scattered past. Daniel believes he will make life greater for him, and never look back at himself. He opens his shower door and runs warm water through his thick hair and continues by using 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner. With water in his face, he blindly rinses his hair and grabs a bottle of Old Sugar Body Wash. Finally, he dries himself off and stumbles back into his bedroom putting on his uniform. His uniform is his style, it reminds of light academia clothing, he loves it. Daniel puts his red converse on and rushes outside to catch the bus. 

       When Daniel makes it to school, he is first greeted by his friend Nolan, Nolan is a distant friend of Daniel, but he means well. Daniel has brown hair with shades of red after previously dyeing it. "How was your summer, Daniel?" Nolan says with a wide smile. "It was alright, but I had a hard time getting use to spending time at different houses." Daniel replies. Nolan apologizes for the inconvenience Daniel went through. "I wish you luck today at school!" Nolan says running off to get to the auditorium. Daniel walks through the crowd of people, staying on the pathway as to not be different from anyone else. "I must be like everyone else. I have to be like everyone else. I need to be perfect." Daniel thinks to himself. The last couple of years of Daniel's life were difficult, but that's beside the point. Time to brighten up. Daniel keeps a normal face like everyone else and finds a club board, it's a list with a of the currently available clubs in school, and the steps of how to create a new one. Daniel better not tries to make a new club, he must fit in. No standing out. Daniel walks through the doors but suddenly hits the ground, causing a disturbance all around him. A girl standing behind him caused it, she had the school jacket on with the hood up, and purple hair dangled from her head. Daniels only gaze of her was her chubby body, tan skin, and long purple hair, nothing else was noticed. This is the one thing Daniel did not want, he is standing out. A group of people are trying to walk in, and are stepping around him, but one boy stops to help. The mysterious boy leans over Daniel. "Need some help?" The new boy asks. Daniel stumbles on his words as the boy lifts him up. "My name is Nate, I'm a sophomore at this Academy, you must be new. Nate grabs Daniel's hand and leads him to a wall near the vending machines and types in a number. As the candy bars bate bought fall out Daniel speaks up. "I'm sorry for causing you a hard time." Daniel says. Nate hands him a Himshey bar and replies, "No biggie, be careful next time." Nate signals Daniel to follow and they walk to the auditorium and make it on time. 

"Welcome students at Sunman Academy High School! Today is your first fantastic day of your teen experience. Today will be about learning the rules, getting familiar with your classes and peers, understanding the map of the school, and joining sports or clubs. Every student must be part of some sort of sport or club. We have a wide variety of clubs that match everyone!"

*The class ends and it's the end of the day, where everyone must look through clubs and sports. *

Daniel and Nate walk to the boards and read the clubs. "All students must find a club or sport by the end of the first week of school." Daniel reads out loud. "The only clubs on this list that grab my attention are the community service, social, gaming, and robotics clubs." Nate tells Daniel. Daniel gazes at the clubs taking notice of Band, "I think I want to join band." Daniel replies. Nate speaks up in excitement and writes his own name into the list of people who are to join the club, and Daniel follows in his steps. "I think this will be a great school year." Daniel suggests in his mind.