New York

A Young African-American male strutted down the street of New York with no care in the world for his environment, to him his life was perfect having gotten it together in a single year after so many failed attempts. He got his money up and bought himself a nice condo and a few exotic cars, his retailing business was booming and he even got his eye on one of his fellow business associates Ms. Jasmine a nice lovely lady who had both a pretty face and a critically thinking mind everything he looked for in a woman.

He was Eren Washington a young black man quickly rising through the pecking order of society, he was of average height and built no dazzling features to notice in him at first glance but his personality was one that could bring together various hostile communities for a nice dinner. A sweet talker if you will. 

This year he would be turning 21 and honestly being as young and rich as he was you would be expecting him to be driving around in a lambo but no he was a man who enjoyed the simple things in life a traditional man through and through. In his right hand was a bouquet of flowers which he cradled with the same care you would give a wounded butterfly whilst daydreaming about a possible future with the illustrious Jasmine. 

His mind wandered all over the place, from her saying yes to his proposal to there possible dating life getting married to even having kids together.. Yes he was quite the man now wasn't he? 

"Hey fool watch out! your ass is about to get ran over!" A masculine voice reached him

"Hu- Huh?"  He mummured. Snapping back to reality he saw a white colored truck gunning for his direction, His perception of time increased and the world seemed to slow down before him. He  moved shifting from his walking form into that of a runner but a knowing voice at the back of his head whispered to him "Don't even try it! no matter what you do it is your destiny to die today." 

He wrote it off as an intrusive thoughts after all the human mind was always a dark place, but it seemed today it spoke the truth. The white truck slammed into him with great force sending his body flying in a heap of mangled bones and torn flesh, he felt no pain as darkness came to greet him. "Sorry hero" came a snickering voice. 

.
.
.

His eyes snapped open bulging with prominent veins awakened from terror. "AAAaah" He screamed his voice cracking mid way. Hyperventilating for a few moments he blinked once then twice then a third time finally his mind paused taking in his new environment.

"I see you've calmed down young hero." 

"Huh.." Eren murmured realising he wasn't alone. Rising from the ground which he lay he stared at the figure who had just spoken. It resembled an elderly gentelmen with white robe whose features were bathed in a deep golden aura. 

"Who are you?" Said Eren

"Young man i am a god specifically the one who overseas the after life and send souls to wherever it is they are needed."